MARCoNS and Klebsiella Pneumoniae

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello fellow sinus sufferers.  I've been struggling with sinus pain and pressure and extreme fatigue for years.  I recently sent a nasal swab into a lab and the preliminary results are that I have two infectious agents: a large amount of staph coag negative (MARCoNS) and  Klebsiella Pneumoniae.  I'm not sure what to do next.  I'm working with a naturopath and my primary physcian but curious if anyone on here has had a similar "diagnosis"  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you been exposed to mold? It is believed about 80% of people with mold illness have MARCons, and some other stuff. I don't know if normal docs even know about MARCons. How is your house?

• Posted

Hi Kim79609,

There is a good chance I've been exposed mold.  My neighbors had it.  I had my house tested and the tests showed I didnt have mold but I'm not sure the test was thorough.  Have you had experience with mold?

I sent my swab results to my naturopath and Primary Care doc.  Primary care doesn't think the swab test is reliabel and told me to go back to my ENT.  My naturopath isn;t sure what to do next.

Any advice?

• Posted

Hi Allison - have you made any progress with this?

• Posted

Hi Alison, 

I have had a nasal swab come back with the exact same results. 

I am concerned about the klebsiella.

Did you manage to find treatment for this? I hope you have been able to eradicated it.

I am not sure what to do next either and am currently trying to research options. 

Thanks in advance,

Monika

• Posted

Hi Alison, I've been having major problems for two yrs, grown staph , ecoli and kelbsiella.. terrible severe headaches, post nasal drip didn't always show any thing, always felt so unwell, persevered with my consultant , best in the country, bone scan s showed infection had infiltrated into bone....staph, now on long course of parental teicoplanin and ciprofloxicin. Hope this helps, wouldn't want any one to suffer like I have. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.