Marina coil and no gallbladder

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 4 weeks post op, and thinking of having the marina coil in. Anyone have experience of it and did it slow, digestion further? I know the hormones, stay mostly in the cervix but I have heard that small amounts can enter the blood stream. So this potentially could slow down, digestion further.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, I would give your body time to recover. It’s taken  me 6 weeks post op to get back to myself and everything to settle. I personally would not have the coil fitted this soon a procedure after the operation. I realise this is all personal to the individual. Having had several Mirena coils of the years It can be uncomfortable to have and the hormones are a bit up and down. 

This is just my suggestion I realise hope this helps kind regards Joanne 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I wasn't thinking of having it just yet. Just wanted to how it could affect me, if I did decide to go ahead, in the future.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, your very welcome, please take good care of yourself. I’ve overdone it lately helping my partner with work. Having to chill now take a step back. I had the Marina coil over ten years, due to constant problems with my time of the month. It worked in stopping these problems for sure. I felt that I personally decided to have the coil removed last year October 2017. 

I thought at the time the pain and problems were related to the coil but it was the gallbladder problems. 

I always like to research what the side effects of things are and way up the pros and cons. Cylicon is not ideal in the body as we know! Make sure you make the best descision for you. I hope your recovery from the gallbladder operation is soon for you kind regards Joanne 

• Posted

I am trying to take it easy, but my husband is back at work and we have two small children. I fell ok just wish my appetite would return. I hope you, also recover from your operation soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.