Marriage after Testicular Cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Friends, 

I had testicular cancer in 2009, and cancer was spread to lungs, my only right testicle was removed, after that I had received 6 cycles of chemotherapy. now cancer is gone. I am fine and healthy now.

due to chemotherapy I lost my hairs, it grows back now but thin and less. my bread and moustache are also less and thin.I am 27 years old now and doing the job in NGO, my family wants to do my marriage,  but I am in fear that the cancer recurrence and transfer to the child.

also, tell me what blood tests are required to perform & consult the doctor before marriage.

is it necessary to tell my fiances that I had cancer in the past?

i will be waiting for your kind response.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Im not sure if testicular cancer is inherrited i heard about colon and breast cancer hmm.but ypu did have cancer young especially because you imagine testicular cancer in 50 year olds so i would see if you can see if you have some gene mutation. But the thing is we never know. You might die in a car crash before the cancer comes back. Yes it would be nice to let her know. Life is unpredictable.
  • Posted

Testicular cancer has a low rate of recurrance, and is very unlike to be passed on genetically. Whether you tell your fiance about it is your choice but personally I would.
    • Posted

Thank you leeniepie for the reply, if you are a doctor please tell me If I need to do some checkup before marriage?
    • Posted

I'm not a Dr but I work in oncology. You do not need any special check up unless it is something that your family wish you to do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.