Marsupialization for Bartholincyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

I hope this helps you. 

So on 2015 - 2017 I kept getting Bartholin cyst to Bartholin cyst. From those years it was about 6 Bartholin cyst that were drained, I kidd you not. I was tired of having to go to the hospital and get it drained and then for it to come back. So when I was pregnant a really painful Bartholin cyst came out. My gynecologist told me he had to drain it. He did but eventually come back two days later. And yes I did do all those stuff like, hot cloth to calm it down, bath saltz , but to be honest that would make the Bartholin more painful. Anyways, so I go again to my gyn. That’s when he told me it was best if I had a Marsupialization procedure done so that the cyst won’t come back. Pregnant and all I had it done. Doctor told me that this will help and no cyst will grow. Just that the part of the gland was going to be opened. It hurt for like four days then it was like a not so painful feeling. It’s been 8months now and I feel good . No cyst to worry about. And probably you would be like, “ what about when you want intimacy or whatever? Does it hurt? Or what???.” No, Not at all. Or “how much did you wait to have sex?” I waited a whole month until it was healed. “ What did you take for the pain?” Doctor gave me some painkillers

But yeah! Everything so far is great.

I hope this helps anyone who is going through this. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thanks a lot I am so scared to have sex my marsupialization was july 27th. I still have minor pain. I'm terrified for the cyst to return.

• Posted

I actually did feel weird down there too after a month but it’s normal since the gland is open and well stay open. But if you think you should wait you can. 
  • Posted

I had one for a year, it only

Started to hurt last week Thursday. Sitz baths the whole year, tea tree oil, Whitby hazel nothing worked. Started doing tea tree oil and which hazel Friday, Yesterday I got admitted to the hospital. While waiting it was so painful, then all of a sudden the pain was gone. And I was wet. The cyst was draining. I live in Canada so free surgeries, I got marsupialization done to prevent it from filling up again. Surgery was cake. No pain after just slight discomfort and I can pee normal. 1st day post op. I’d recommend getting the surgery done it relieved the pressure and the pain mind u it was draining Its self.  I’d say likely the mix of 4-5 sitZ baths and tea tree and which hazel for 3 days helped. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.