Marsupialization of Bartholin Cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a marsupialization of Bartholin Cyst 4 days ago. I have never had a cyst before, had never heard of it and I wish I still didn’t know about it. By the time I saw a gyno, it had turned to a golf ball sized abscess and I was in a world of pain.

I’m not in much pain anymore but I’m really lethargic and completely exhausted, I could sleep all day. I was wondering if that’s part of recovering from an infection?  I’m not in much pain but am uncomfortable to sit or stand for too long. I’m on my second lot of antibiotics, the first finished the day of the op, and has done nothing. I’m not returning to work for another 5 days. I’m a teacher and the thought of standing or sitting for a full day makes me cringe. Any feedback on recovery would be awesome! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You're probably through the worst of it but the tiredness and lethargy are normal, it's the result of days of pain and partly the infection still coursing through your body and you'll be a while before you feel completely comfortable. At this stage you need to be having regular sitz baths (2 - 3 per day) wear loose clothing (no tight jeans) and comfy panties (think Bridget Jones), take paracetamol for the pain and keep on with the antibiotics till you finish the course. Mainly keep that area dead clean! You won't be running around with the joys of spring for a while but you're over the worst and you'll soon start to feel like you're back to normal. Good luck..

• Posted

Thanks Sue. I wasn’t told a thing after surgery, it all happened so quickly I didn’t think to even check. I’m glad to know the lethargy is normal. I’m looking forward to being normal again. Thanks again for the advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.