Marsupilization aftercare and pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. New to these forums so just looking for a little advice. Had marsupilization on Monday, all went ok and as soon as I came around from general I felt no pain as I was numb. Today is Friday (4days later). I have a noticeable amount of yellow pus coming from the wound which has today started showing blood. Is this normal? Also, what is the pain normally like? The pain is becoming stronger even though I'm keeping up with tablets and bathing. The pain I have is more of a weird painful ache.. kind of like toothache or restlessness as a pose to excruciating pain. Is this also normal? Also, I have feeling back down there apart from the outer skin.. will this come back? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I had a double marsupilization done 5 weeks ago. I did not have either side packed. So I was able to see. It hurt to spread my labia to even see the incisions. If you have yellow pus I would call the doctor as that could be sign of infection. I had bleeding for a few days but it started right away, not 4 days later and it ended relatively quick. It also felt hard in the area where the cyst was. 

As far as the tablets, what do you mean? And are you taking a sitz bath or sitting in a regular bath. I only recently started adding salt to mine. The sitz bath should be just some warm water. When you wash use something very mild and with preferably no harsh chemicals. 

I was also freaking out about the way it looked. My labia looked like it had a stroke I kid you not. Its finally looking normal but that took a good 3 weeks to even start to resemble what it looked like before. Do you know if the doctor used dissolvable stitches?

• Posted

I’ve had Two marsupializations it came back though so i got my gland removed so I’ll never get them. The pain shouldn’t be that bad honestly just a little discomfort. The yellow pus its your cyst draining out.  But I’m concerned because you said the pain is becoming stronger. It possibly came back. I would go see your gyno. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.