Martazapine and dieting

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been dieting for 3 weeks. Ihave managed to lose about 6 lbs but recently I don't appeared to have lost much since to lost much weight recenltly. My doctor naturally worried me by saying  that I was near obese. I would welcome any comments. I have looked on patient.info and most of the discussion seem to be about the problems cncerned putting on weight, There is a connection but it is not the same.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I found it impossible to lose weight on mirtazapine dieting and the gym nothing worked. The reason I came off it
  • Posted

Hii was on this for only 2 weeks, apart from the other awful side effects,came

weight gain , lots if you look under wikipedia it say this drud can be used as an appetite stimulant for CATS , Nasty drug ,good luck Nick

• Posted

It was my GP who pointed to my weight recently and saying that I was almost clinically obese.

Ithink that if you read what t says about mirt it says that for the reason that if you don't watch you eat you will put on wieght. Therefore that is agood reason to be keeping to a sensible diet to maintain a desirable weight rather than putting on weight. It makes you sleepy, maybe it makes you put on weight.

But quetiapine makes you like a zombie, lithium affects your kidney function, Prozac affects your libido. So compared with those I would rather be on mirt. You pays your money and takes your choice IMHO.

• Posted

I was watching what I eat and it still makes u put on weight regardless 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.