Marula Oil??

Posted , 6 users are following.

So, I just got my biopsy results last week...and one thing that my doc mentioned that I don't think I've seen on this forum is "Marula Oil". Have any of you tried it?

I've played around with Vitamin E oil (only use it at night because it's sort of stinky), Olive Oil (I get increased itch with it???), Coconut Oil (great), Aloe Vera Gel (love it), and vaseline (I start every day with it). Anyway, I went ahead and ordered some Marula Oil and it should come by tomorrow.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have never heard of but see online the prices vary wildly. Were you able to find it in a store? Was the doc a gyn or dermatologist and was a brand recommended?

• Posted

I've not heard of it either. Was it a prescription or did you buy over the counter. Let us know.. ☺

• Posted

Doc was GYN. He didn't recommend a brand...so I looked on the web. Yes, prices vary dramatically. It's supposed to arrive today. Will let you know what I think.

I go to Derm on Wed. I'll ask her about it as well.

• Posted

Thanks for the information; I have not heard of that either. As some of you know, I have a business and make organic skincare, aromatherapy and pet care products. I only use suppliers that I can totally trust for ingredients. I checked and my primary supplier carries certified organic marula oil. It is Mountain Rose Herbs in Oregon, USA. They practice sustainability and have been around for a long time. Just an option for superior quality oils at fair prices.

• Posted

Update: So, I've had the Marula Oil for about a week now. It is a very nice oil and not at all smelly. I got sort of mid-priced version "cold pressed". I've used it some for my LS, but frankly, I think the value of the oil-based stuff is the barrier it provides, and one aspect of this oil is that it seems to soak into the skin quite nicely. I think this is why it is liked as a facial treatment (I have tried it on my face and can really see a pretty dramatic difference in my skin...but I don't think I'd necessarily recommend it for the LS.

For my LS, I like vaseline every day for barrier, with coconut oil and/or aloe vera as supplemental.

So, that's that. I will enjoy my little bottle of marula oil, but...unless you're having troubles finding an oil that works, I'm not nec advocating this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.