MARY08811

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please  could anyone advise I have been taking 5mg of Amlodipine for nearly 3 years .Six months after starting I fould small white cysts appearing in different parts of my face which seem to be slowly growing and unsightly.Also over the last few weeks I have pins and needles in my hands occasionaly..I would be so Thankful if anyone else could verify if the have had similar problems.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I developed white lumps around my eyes was told it was cholesterol. Now I am wondering if it is because my cholesterol not high and you have me wondering if it was caused by the tablets. I no longer take this tablet
    • Posted

Hi Wawet.Thank You for replying to my request. The white cysts I have on my face are unlike the cholestrol lumps which a few friends do have these are more like litle cysts and half way down my face and by my nose. I am actually seeing my doctor on saturday morning to discuss I just vaguely remember reading somewhere about the tablet linked to these cysts,?? . Many Many Thanks though,,,
  • Posted

I have suffered pins and needles in both arms and hands since going on this medication. I'm on 5mg once a day. I am also very tired but I am slowly getting used to them. Nothing as regards to little cysts anywhere. Have you asked your GP about this? X
    • Posted

Hi Elaine. Thank you for getting in touch I am actually seing my doctor saturday morning but when these cysts started a few years back I had read somewhere about cysts and this tablet and I did ask my doctor but he said then no proof of that link but as the cysts are starting to enlarge I thought I would just ask if anyone else had this problem before I go back to doctor.The pins and needles have only started recently yet I have been on 5mg once a day for years.Possibly this has nothing to do with my medication ? but will also discuss with doctor. I think I am falling to pieces,Good luck I am sure you will be fine and I hope the pins and needles settle down soon for you so annoying arent they. Many thanks for your reply I very much appreciated it x
  • Posted

I take Lercanidipine now similar drug not so many side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.