Massage

Posted , 2 users are following.

I tried light massage yesterday evening. Painful. 2:45am up again but did get 5hrs sleep on the couch again. Just hanging on. The burn is bad. Made sure my neck and ears weren'touched during massage. Expensive. Trying anything. At this time it makes 2 yrs since my life changing fall that started this. What an anniversary! If only I could change that. Trying to look ahead but I see more misery.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Survivor, i feel your pain and despair.  Accept the fact that y our life will never be the same. But have faith that , in time, our condition can be manageable. Do you live in an area with access to reliable pain management?

There is not One thing that will make it better, but there are Several things that will help. Aside from medical treatments you can focus on calming your nervous system, look up Youtube videos. Also diet, is vital, yoga and meditation. Most importantly, do not isolate yourself. Join support groups, these people will know more about CRPS than mos doctors. All this takes time and patience. Keep us posted!

• Posted

Hi lisavila, thank you for your kind words. Today makes 2 years since my fall that caused this trauma. Yes, I've been dealing with increasing pain because of a major surgery I had on my neck as well. I have a device implanted to where I cannot move my head as well. This is extremely difficult. I go to a new pain management on 5-17-18 at a Outpatient hospital at MUSC. I will listen carefully to what they have to say. My medical records are updated since my surgery on 2-26-18. I have Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia as well as Occipital Neuralgia and RSD. Overloaded I should say. Thing is, I am a true fighter and a veteran of military service as well. I'm working on mind over this matter. Painful but so true. I will take your advice and from others and with my own perspective I will present this to the physician and go from there. I have so many responsibilities as well as others with chronic pain. Again, thank you for you response and your advice. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.