Massage and accupuncture

Posted , 3 users are following.

so i read on here the wonders of massage and accupuncture and such. Then i have read how great it is elsewhere but its very expensive. Too expensive for me to honestly to do it.About 70 dollars a session and its recommended twice or more a week. Haha that would cause more stress paying for it. So then you would hope maybe your spouse or someone could give you a massage that doesnt work out either. No one really wants to do that. Everyone would like it, but no one wants too be bothered. I would think this stuff might really work or help though and if i won the lottery maybe one day id find out 😞. Not sure why this is listed as a great calming tool if its only for the wealthy😞. I did price this stuff over the past weak so i guess this option isnt for me and my insurance doesnt cover it. Then it got me thinking if we all had such great support systems of compassionate people around us and someone who would take ten minutes from there day i wonder how many of us would be in a better place. Then that kind of was a downer so i dont know. I thought i would vent. Any opinions welcome

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I know exactly were your coming from, I too would love to be able to afford massage and acupuncture but unfortunately cant😢. I've had it done a couple of times and it felt amazing, but couldn't afford to keep it up. I ask my partner to massage me but he can never be bothered, or I get some half arsed attempt for about 5 mins which does no good at all. Oh wouldn't it be wonderful to be rich x
  • Posted

Lisalisa, I agree completely.  It is a mystery to me (although maybe it shouldn't be) why people have managed to create an industry of privilege out of something that should be easily accessible to everyone.  A culture if compassion could go a really long way toward less sickness and better quality of life for many.  Thank you for your thoughtful post.
    • Posted

So true Elizabeth. Massage is a wonderful thing, especially for people with stress/ and anxiety in their lives. But it's just so expensive especially for a good one. I work full time and still cant afford it,;which is pretty discusting really. X
    • Posted

Its way over priced. Accupuncture is more expensive. Not sounding annoying but if you gather uo the time a spouse or family memeber can spend telling you to deal with it, or being annoyed by it or whatever wasted time and bottled it up we could get a ten minute message. And i think all insurance should cover it, why not in the long run if it helped it could save a lot money from unemployment or disbaility stuff. I dont really see how its really so different then Physical therapy if you think about about it. They give it to you for an injury. We are injured. 
    • Posted

Lisa, same here... I work full time and there's no way I could afford it.  Disappointing!
    • Posted

Very true. Yes acupuncture is very expensive. I only went a couple of times and couldn't afford it. It felt so good aswell x
    • Posted

It sure is Elizabeth. When you work for a living you should be able to afford x
  • Posted

Hey,

My insurance covers 85% of my acupuncture and I get 24 treatments per year. I would switch insurances that cover it because its real beneficial. I found that trigger point acupuncture is most beneficial, you have to pick a therapist that is liscense from an accredited acupuncture school. Be careful of Dr's who claim they can do acupuncture when only that have some short term certificate.

• Posted

oh ok. def too expensive out of pocket. hope you can get it covered one day. goodluck.
    • Posted

Your lucky. Mine covered teigger point therapy a while back  but i was so bruised after i never went back. He was actually an md and complimentary but i dont think he was too good at the trigger point therapy. Dont think any of it is covered anymore. When i inquired they said no. From work so theres noway to switch it. Massages arent covered at all. 
    • Posted

Yes you definitely went to the wrong acupuncturist. MD's can gain a certificate in acupuncture because the medical fields think they are qualified enough with iust a few hours of "training". A liscenced acupuncturist, ones who complete 3-5 years of school are the ones to seek. My acupuncturist is liscenced from the tri state acupuncture school in out of NYC.

You should try again through insurance or find an acupuncturist that will seek coverage for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.