Massages and prolapsed discs?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been for another consultancy today, luckily there is no underlying problem and with time my discs will reduce in size and eventually go back into place! Yay!

But until then I have to put it with the great amounts of pain and put a lot of time and effort into exercise and such to help my problem!

I've heard a lot of people say negative things about massages and disc problems and not a lot of people saying it helped! most people are saying that it only aggreavated the problem? 

So im looking for some help, should I got for a massage or not and would deep tissue be too harsh on my back?

thanks

-Ellis

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i don't think a massage would hurt? just ask them to go careful. i think its a great relaxing idea.
    • Posted

I didn't think so either! I'll give it a go! thanks!
  • Posted

Personally, I'm a great believer in Aromatherapy massage, obviously with a fully qualified therapist. The oils smell great as well as having natural healing abilities and the massage is more gentle. A good therapist will generally take a bit of history and have the ability to blend oils specifically for you. Obviously, a fully qualified masseuse would, I hope, only perform massage which would be beneficial to you however, it might be better to spend the money seeing a good Osteopath or Chiropractor. Whatever you decide upon, good luck!
    • Posted

Thank you for that Kim, Made me feel a bit better about going now! I will defiantly look into a good ostea or chiro, I don't mind spending money if it's going to help me heal!

all the best

-Ellis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.