Masses in tummy that come and goes...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello! I've 2 masses (on on the lower right side of my abdomen, near my hip bone and one in, more or less, the middle of my tummy) and they become hard and painful a couple times a day. The one in the middle of my tummy pop up generally after a bm. They stay that way between 15 minutes to 1 hours. After that, they goes back and my tummy is flat again but the places where they appear on my tummy stay painfull and like ''sore'' all day. I was wondering if its something every people have and I just dont know it or if I should talk about to a Doctor. I've join a link where I've put 5 photos while the masses are hard and swollen. You can see them gradually go away on the pictures.      http://imgur.com/a/VJeZ4  

I thank you very much for reading my question and I hope I can get an answer :-) Thank you and I hope that every persons who is reading me is having a great day! Ps Sorry if I have many spelling mistakes in my question, English is not my first language. Hope you will not be too hard on me with that :-) Thank you!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh, dear! That sounds scary! 

Does it happen after eating? My only guess now is a build-up of gas 'pockets.' Those can be quiet painful, and do go away. Have you tried Bean-O, gas X,  probiotics, or other digestion helpers?

Your writing and spelling and very good, no worries! smile

• Posted

This may not be the answer but it might be diverticulitis.

Rich

• Posted

If you have a good doctor he should be able to predict this , and I'm afraid a hospital visit is almost the answer good 
  • Posted

Things like your issue should not be left. Being safe is better than sorry.Make an appointment with your GP and I'm sure you will get the help you need. Good luck.
  • Posted

Yes I get that too. It happens when I bend or stretch or reach. It makes me very cautious to move in a certain way. Mine does not stay like that for long though but it hurts suddenly then gradually withdraws.

It is sure a puzzle. I have even had a ctscan with contrast that picked up the following:

1. Diverticula but no inflammation

2. Gallstones

3. Small right renal cyst

4. Slight bulging of the abdominal contents near umbilical region

5. Granuloma in the spleen and small splenic artery ie aneurysm 

Out of these the only ones taken seriously were the gallstones and diverticula.

Hope this is some help. I still do not know though what the attacks are that you and I are experiencing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.