Massive Morning Headaches

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just diagnosed with HyperT.  Have the cough that I am reading so much about but also wake up everyday with a splitting headache.  Not on meds yet, 1st appointment is next week.  Has anyone experinced major morning headaches with their Hyper?   

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Barb

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis for hyperthyroidism, I was diagnosed 3 years ago with Graves/Hyper.  Just interested to know of "the cough" that you have read so much about - can you expand please ?

Christine

• Posted

I often wake up with headaches (not alcohol induced) and have had a chronic cough for a few years now. I was diagnosed hyper 3 weeks ago and have been on treatment for two and a half weeks.
    • Posted

It's the first time I can recall anyone else mentioning a cough apart from you and Barb.  I have also had a chronic cough for too long, forever clearing my throat.  I do seem to get a lot of colds though these last couple of years which also leaves me with a cough.  I wonder what the connection between thyroid problems and having a constant cough is ?
    • Posted

I have Graves and I have had a chronic cough.  I had walking pneumonia the first time I had the chronic cough, then had regular pneumonia and every year from Sept to June I have a runny nose and sometimes cough due  to a condition called histamine intolerance which i just learned about.  Apparently my body has a genetic defect which doesn't produce an enzyme I need to  deal with histamine.
    • Posted

Linda

How did you find out about this histamine intolerance? DId you have genetic tests done? Did your insurance cover this? Hopee that you don't mind my asking?

Were you treated for the pneumonia?

Thanks.

• Posted

I had a lot of allergic reactions, one of which was to cold temperatures. I came across a Board on Facebook called Histamine Intolerance.  I saw a chart outlining what it was and I fit into that.  You can google the topic and a lot of sites and information will come up.

• Posted

Hi Linda, 

do you know if many Graves/Hyper patients have a regular cough ?  Presumably you were sent for chest x-rays for your diagnosis for walking and regular pneumonia ?  I certainly do not recall having as many colds/chest infections as I have over the last couple of years.  I seem to get one after the other now, however, I also look after my 2 year old grandson for one day a week and think I pick up a lot of infections that he gets from 2 days a week at nursery.  Can I also ask you if you were/are on  some Beta Blocker (Propoponal is it) along with your Carbimazole.  I've just started on the Carbimazole Titration treatment with 10 mgs per day (after a fight with my Endo because he was pushing for RAI, as they do !!) but still having quite bad paplitations.  I was previously on Block & Replace which didn't work for me as I don't think Thyroxine agreed with me - Block & Replace doses were 40 mgs Carb & 100 mcgs Levo Thyroxine for over 20 months).  

• Posted

Yes I have a multi nodule thyroid and goiter.  messaged you day before yesterday regarding my condition but under your other name Karen.
  • Posted

I had headaches due to an infection and codeine induced migraine. I was also sweating profusely at night. 
  • Posted

Yes I did. Have your thyroid antibodies been checked at all?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.