Massive panic attack and shaking for first time

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since starting Celexa in July today I have had my first panic attack and trembling!I don't understand.This is my third week on this dose.Why is this starting to happen now!ANYONE who can help w this I would appreciate.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

When I was on celexa, things for me got worse before it got better. For me it was a few months. Some I've heard have better results within 6 week's. It's not an immediate fix. Give it time. Sorry your having the systems.

• Posted

Hi Monica. It also took me 5-6 weeks for the side effects to wear off. It is gradual. What you are experiencing sounds perfectly normal on this drug. Battle through the next 2 weeks and see if it gets better. I am on week 8 with minimal side effects. I am not totally anxiety free but I feel 90% better. Stick at it and keep reading posts on this forum as you will see that the majority of people have similar reactions. Note of caution. There are some posts which are scathing about this drug. Ignore those . Take care Mark x
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply.I am three weeks on this dose increase ...but I started it in July and dos better a few weeks on 40 and was in 40 for eight weeks and dipped so doc upped my dose .I don't know if I need to give it the same amount of time for each increase.Like I said I have been at this new dose for three weeks but have been taking this since July in total.

• Posted

I have never had to up my dose but looking at allot of posts, it seems that you are going through what lots of other people go through. Give it a couple more weeks and the panic should subside. There may be the odd day still where you have a dip but you should have more good days. Try not to worry about it too much as it is just a side effect of the drug. Take some time out, be easy on yourself and try to do things which make you feel good. Hope this helps. Mark
    • Posted

Thank you I need all the support I can get now.So scared right now about this working!It worked for me ten years ago
  • Posted

It will go away. I had that too. Breath. It will pass. The shaking is horrible, I know. The panic attacks are scary. Just breath. These side effects will pass. All mine did and I had a lot! But they will pass. I’m on month nine and am almost ready to wean myself off very slowly. I did it. You can too. Just breath. 
    • Posted

Wow so happy for you!!That is wonderful!Glad you got there!I pray pray I will too!But I just went up to 60 mg three weeks ago.A high dose.😕

• Posted

That is a high dose. Can I ask why such a high dose? My docs told me that 40 is maximum. The most I was at was 30 but my dreams became so unsettling I went back to 20.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.