Massive weight gain on hormones!

Posted , 6 users are following.

was on mylan estradiol patch 5mg and progesterone pills 50 mg for about 8-9 months gained about 40 lbs ! was 110lbs to begin with.

not sure if even helped me as i have ebv mono too .

they made me calm to start anxiety lessened but then stopped working .

is mylan hrt or bhrt ? has anybody else gained weight ? i may go back to the vaginal cream as i know thats def bhrt . right now waiting to lose the weight before i reassess things.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lori

i am on 50/140 HRT patches but to be fair they put me on 3 other pill medications too and i have gone from 68kilos to 80 kilos. I cant stand it, but there isnt much i can do at the moment. pain and lack of motivation stops me from exercising but i am on a pescatarian diet. I will keep trying to get to the point that i can exercise. I can't come off HRT or meds, i have tried but i cant function at all off them. This is my life now and i haveto get use to it. i am thinking of buying a push bike to start riding around see if that helps.

hope you find a solution , good luck

• Posted

oh i barely eat as i have mono made no difference .whatsoever its all water weight and feels awful to be so fat ... id rather suffer and be skinny

• Posted

Yep same here! Soooo I stopped taking them!!! It took me a solid year to get rid of excess weight gain.........I now suffer in silence 😦

• Posted

Lydia I just cut my kcal intake down and watched the fat content........my weight is now back to normal and I'm eating normal again 😃

• Posted

a year !!! gosh i just want to be able to get into a pair of jeans again ! i feel a bit has dropped off in only 6 weeks off the hormones .

• Posted

how do you get off the hormones though without all the shocking symptoms coming back?

• Posted

ill just deal with that when it comes ... i couldnt handle not being able to fit into any clothes it was depressing me . i never got bad hot flashes anyway and although helped with my anxiety at the beginning stopped working for that .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.