Mastalgia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have any of the ladies here experienced Mastalgia? I have read that it could be linked to fibro, if you have what were/are the symptoms you experienced?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi asmadasalice,

Yes I experience breast pain and tenderness but I have never heard of Mastalgia though. My breast are sore to touch or if I run up the stairs. I have only a small B size so there not very big. I put it down to a other symptom of my fibro. Very bezar illness that no one can understand.

I hope you are well other than this 😘

Victoria

• Posted

Yes, I have experienced breast pain frequently and for a long time. When I was younger and having periods it was intense pain on a cyclical basis. I found cutting out caffeine and taking evening primrose oil helped a lot (I didn't drink tea or coffee for about 5 or 6 years, then I developed a craving for coffee so gradually re introduced caffeine free drinks.) It is ok to rub Diclofenac or Ibuprofen gel on if the pain is really bad. Going through the menopause was excrutiating but now I nearly 60 it has settled down.

Now I'm older I still have a lot of pain but now its less in the breast tissue and more in the underlying muscles and ribs, I think it is costochondritis linked to my fibromyalgia.

I was told I have 'bean bag' breasts by a Doctor. I have had numerous benign cysts removed, again, apparently lumpy breasts is a symptom of fibro. So all in all, having big boobs is not all its cracked up to be!

• Posted

Thankyou both for your replies. I saw the dr today, she said I have lumpy breasts and the pain is probably due to the fibromyalgia. This is a new pain for me, location and feeling so really concerned me at first, however the pain has now gone into my hand, arm, neck and collarbone which is 'normal' for me when I have a flare up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.