Mastic Gum and Gastritis Experience

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone have any experience with using Mastic Gum to heal severe gastritis?

My symptoms are extreme pain in my upper stomach like you got punched, it has radiated to back aswell. It all started when I took a round of strong antibiotics. It has been 4 months but the pain has not lessened.

I tried omperazole for few days its not helping. Pain is severe but I would rather choose a natural treatment than further irritating my gut.

Does anyone have any experience with Mastic Gum and Gastritis/ulcer?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes I take Mastic before bedtime.  It is very good and heals the stomach, been around for any many years.  I have GERD/HH/Reflux.
    • Posted

Do your symptoms cause pain like someone punched you in your upper stomach. I am suffering from this extreme pain after antibiotics and even after 4 months I am still standing there with my pain. Even a little activity stiffens my stomach and my stomach feels swollen from inside and becomes very painful.
    • Posted

Yes it feels like that, more especially on the left, and tight knotted feel to it.  You are right in the activity also, it seems to stiffen it and feels like a clamp is hanging on me.  So hard to live with, you have my sympathy.  People don't understand.

• Posted

I pray that everyone finds relief. Is your pain directly because of Hiatal hernia or acid reflux is the cause? What I mean is a lot of people have HH but they are not advanced enough to cause any symptoms.
    • Posted

I didn't know I had a HH until camera showed it.  I have only read of these stomach issues and pain going into the back on Hernia forums.  I have a feeling this is more down to reflux.  I had gastritis 5 years ago and had this tight cramping pain then and camera never threw up a HH then.  Think this is all down to nasty acid.  Bummer Bummer, send in the Plumber.  Got to try to keep upbeat if you can otherwise this can take you down.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I have so much pain in my upper stomach that it had almost disabled me because slightest activity stiffens the stomach and pain worsens. I had severe flare up once after doing some slight activity and for two days even breathing hurted like someone punched me in my upper stomach. What I find strange is if it is acid and gastritis why dont I feel any burning or acid feeling?
    • Posted

I pretty rarely get heartburn or feeling acid - it is called silent reflux.  You don't have to have heartburn to have acid.  Weird I know.  The way I feel reflux is with pain in tum back chest throat, it also affects my mouth and it can feel acidic and give me toothache also, but pretty rarely heartburn.  The activity tho is a pain - I love to exercise but it makes me worse defo.

• Posted

Thanks again for your help. Me at this moment is unable to actually do anything because movement aggravates my pain, even the way I sleep or lye on bed has an effect on my pain. It has been 4 months I dont know what has antibiotics done to me. I sure hope natural treatments alone can cure me because I just would not want PPI. I have already tried ppi for 10 days or so without any effect.
    • Posted

Anti bs are a pain in the tum - kill me - but u can get better - loads out there to help - not PPI unless desperate - is your bed raised - u need to sleep on the left side - mastic gum before bed lines the tum to keep acid away.  Ranitidine for me works good - morning and before bed.  A good quality probiotic will help you.  Try Kefir yogurt drink every day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.