Mastic gum for non h pylori gastritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Has anyone used mastic gum for gastritis which is not caused h pylori or NSAIDs? Did it help?

Any other recommendation for non h pylori gastritis?

Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Good Morning, you did not list what all your symptoms are and why asking about this product. A couple of years ago I had a scope done and  found I had H Pylori and the doctor wanted to put me on this antibotic mixture and people said don't do it as makes things worse. I went to the health store and they sold me Mastica Chios Gum and Hospital Bacteria Defence and told to take 1 of each 3 times a day for 2 weeks and it seemed to help and  I did it for 2 more weeks and felt better. Just lately things started up again and dr said it was stress and depression and put me on medication that did not go well for me. I went back to the health store and bought the 2 products again and started taking them today was the  first day I didn't need a antinausea pill. Not sure if the HPylori has come back but I am going to take these items again with hope it works as I am tired of being sick every day. I suggest give it a try but I think you need to take the both pruducts together. Hope this helpful. I plan on doing my own blog to show  what I am dealing with and what I am doing to see if others have other suggestions or if I can help others.

• Posted

Thanks darlene21892. I have been having burning in stomach that radiated to back, bloating. Did h pylori breath test. It was negative. GI thinks it's gastritis. All the PPIs etc give me bad side effects so can't take. Hence looking at alternates..

• Posted

In my opinion the H Pyhoi does not give enough proof need to have a scope however I have had a few so if you can omit that great. I suggest going to your health store and talking with a person who has the highest knowledge of viatmins. Also mention the products I suggested, they really should not give you any side effects. If a person was to get side effects it is me and so far I can tolerate these. Again good luck as I know how important it is to find a solution and start feeling better.
  • Posted

I’m wondering the same thing! I have gastritis and I was wondering if anyone has tried mastic gum, ulcetrol or gastromend! I don’t know which one to try I hope someone has some suggestions!

• Posted

hi, i have used mastic gum for my gasteritis now its been a week but i am getting more acid reflux more symptoms. does it do this at the begining or no

thank u

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.