Mastoiditis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been having pain, tingling and numbness on the right side of my face. I had an MRI and wàs diagnosed with mastoiditis.

I know nothing about this.

I have been on a round of prednisone and doxycycline. No relief and actually feel worse. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Mastoiditis should not be taken lightly. You dont say how long you have been taking them but  If you have been on these 2 drugs with no improvement for several days and you are feeling worse,then you should go back to your doctor straight away.  Mastoiditis is usually treated with intravenous antibiotics in a hospital.  If it progresses  it can be very serious,leading to surgical removal of the infected mastoid bone in the ear.

This happened to me.      

• Posted

Marina Dee,

I took full doses of each and had no relief so doc ordered MRI. I have an appointment with an ENT in the morning.

I haven't had an earache at all, more facial pain/ numbness headache.

Ill find out more tomorrow.

Thanks so much for responding

• Posted

So glad to hear you are seeing an ENT consultant. Do keep us updated on what happens. Good Luck.
    • Posted

Marina Dee,

I saw my ENT and she has scheduled an appt for a CT scan and to put a tube in my ear.

She's also ordered a LOT of different blood tests to make sure there's nothing else going on. I really like her and feel confident she'll find out what the problem is.

Thanks for your note.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.