Mastubation !

Posted , 11 users are following.

I was reading an article the other day in the Drs. office about how now they feel that maybe excessive masturbation ( 3-4 times a week ), may be the cause of Chronic Prostatitis in some people. Thought this sounded odd, but just thought maybe I would post it to see what others may think ??

Steve

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

They say it causes blindness also lol 
    • Posted

lol

Sorry steven43881. There probably is some truth to this. It just takes us back to our youngers years of busting on others for choking the chicken

• Posted

19th century doctors thought that :

a) masturbation caused various physical and mental problems (including epilepsy, convulsions, paralysis, tuberculosis etc), and

b) circumcision stopped masturbation.

Both of those sound ridiculous today I know, but that's how they thought back then, and that's how non-religious circumcision got started.  If you don't believe me (and I was initially skeptical), then google:

A Short History of Circumcision in North America In the Physicians' Own Words

or just look for any medical text from about 1850-1950 that mentions male circumcision or masturbation.  Heck, they even passed laws against "self-pollution" as it was called.

• Posted

I don't actually think there is any truth to the claim: in my experience it was only some time after masturbation/sex had become less than excessive that I developped BPH. I would advise that one should not slow down

• Posted

Did it also recommend circumcision as a means to p​revent masturbation ? ! eek
  • Posted

Steven  I was told the other week that if the prostate is inflamed it will mess up the prostate.  My doctor told me to hold off on sex for a week till the pain and the prostate went down He even told me that he was going to tell me it was strange Take care  Ken 
  • Posted

If you could find more details of this article, I'd be interested to see what it's based on, but I'm highly sceptical.

3-4 times a week doesn't sound excessive btw.  It actually sounds lower than average for younger men.  About seven of us had a discussion at school when we were 17/18, and about once a day was the average.  Once a week was the lowest, and about 3 times a day was the highest, and over 30 years later, the 3x/day guy is still one of the healthiest people I know.

• Posted

That is because he does not have chronic prostatitis.  A few weeks ago I went through it.  And my urologist said he was going to tell me something strange.  No sex   With chronic prostatitis you have to stop sex all together for at least a week because it irritates the prostate but with bacterial prostatitis it is ok to have sex because it relieves and cleans out the prostate  I wish they would make up there mind  Ken  
    • Posted

No-one I know has chronic prostatitis, though I appreciate it can be miserable for people who do.  It's unclear if it can actually be caused by masturbation though, and I'd question any source that thinks 3-4 times a week is "excessive masturbation".

• Posted

No I don't think sex or masturbation will cause chronic prostatitis.  If it did every man in this world would have it.  Have a great day Ken

• Posted

" With chronic prostatitis you have to stop sex all together for at least a week because it irritates the prostate With chronic prostatitis you have to stop sex all together for at least a week because it irritates the prostate."  Call me strange as well, but I think your urologist knows something.

• Posted

I trust him.  He is a very young guy 38 and he is up on all the new treatment.  He will try everything before he will go into the old procdure.  When he did tell me that he told me this would sound strange did what he said Took the meds and no sex or maturbating for a week.  Now I feel much better no pain in the groin no numbing in the penis.  care  K 
  • Posted

It all depends on your age I guess. At 14-30, sex (or masturbation) several times a day is possible with no issues. As we get older, the plumbing department slows down in most of us. I recall the old phrase, "use it or lose it".

So, if the little guy can get it up and work several times a day,week or month and you have no pain in your prostate area afterwards, then all is well. If after sex or masturbation you have pain, then the prostate is telling you 'loudly' that it has a problem and you should desist. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.