Matazapine withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

okay , i was on 15mgs for 9 months missed a night had a panic attack . took it slept was fine took it 2 further nights and was fine . got a chest infection and was put on 8 steroids which sent me into a crazy cycle of anxiety panic attacks etc. now the doc has decided to cold turkey me off the mat just after increasing the dose to 30 mg , does anyone else get a racing heart and insomnia with the withdrawal?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yes racing heart and insomnia for 4 months durung withdrawels but it went away back to normal hang in there

• Posted

thank you do much , i really need to hear that the insomnia will go away - theres a lot of people saying it takes years which has been worrying me more x

• Posted

i just wanted to tell you about my experience with steriods. A little over 4 years ago, I woke up at 2am with vertigo. i really thought i was dying. Rushed to ER and given meclizine and predisone. 3 days later I was back in the ER with my first panic! That started my journey through hell and back. I will never touch steriods again. I think people like us can get triggered by them. I have spent the last 4 years on Mirt, Lexapro, and Klonopin. I tapered off the Mirt and Klonopin and feel so much better now. I think you should NOT cold turkey Mirt. I started my taper in January and just completed it in October. I am thinking of you and praying for you! I wouuld not wish thia on anyone and I am here for you!

• Posted

okay had a horrific night , the phone doc during the night told me to go take a 15 mg of mat and 2 of diazapram took half of a Mat felt slightly better . but i was to go to th toilet for a pee every 20 mins anyone else had the toilet issue ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.