maureen 1961

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm due to have carpal tunnel surgery, and am a domcillary care worker  in clients homes how long do you think I could be off work?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maureen,  I am still not back at work going into week 5. I still can't lift anything heavy as ive got almost constant pain , sometimes all thw way up my arm. If your job is heavy going you might be looking at 6 wks. But everyone heals differently

Good luck with the op xx

• Posted

Hi Maureen

it will depend on how you feel. I went back to work after 4 weeks but have a desk job. I believe it's best not to do any heavy work until after at least 6 weeks.

I did some weeding in the garden after 6 weeks and couldn't manage very much. Don't go back to work too soon. My GP wanted me to take 6 weeks sick leave.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Jan

• Posted

My doctor told me no heavy lifting for 30 days, do what your doctor tells you it is very important in your healing.   I think I over did it and my hands are still giving me problems. Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.