MAV - migraine associated vertigo

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone been diagniosed with this? MAV?

And has anyone got any advice?

Been suffering since October now sad and currently having accupunture once a week ( only bad it twice so far but hoping after while I'd see some improvement ) praying sad

All best to everyone x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have got it. Like I am on a boat. Had it for near 18 months now. Hate It. They said mal debarkement or MAV. But my ears act funny. I feel it is becaus eof odd symptoms and a blocked ear. But they found nothing. I had an mri on Tuesday so just awaiting results from the 3rd ENT I have seen. Gluten free helped. Loads of water too xxx

It's hard but nothinh lasts forever so I keep telling myself that xxxx

• Posted

Poor you. Hope you get better soon sad

I tried Diary & glutton stuff for little while didn't really do much. Then my neck started to play up was painfull apparently can be connected. Have you tried accupunture? Xx

• Posted

No I haven't tried but iv tried reiki haha .. my anxiety has been real bad. When the dizzy was worse I wasn't as bad as I am now with anxiety if tha makes sense... I just try not to put pressure on my body by having huge meals with all kinds in. I mostly only eat food that can help heal Me. Whatever it is. Is yours like a boat xx
    • Posted

I have bad anxiety too cause of it as I get worried I'm gonna pass out. I now go counselling as I can't get out the house some days. I'm 23 I should be ha. But she doesn't think I have anxiety she things Iv depression cause of all this & she thinks it's bought all this on. She doesn't think it's linked at all. As I was very active ect before & I was working in Ibiza last year ha very active. So it's very bizzare.

Try counselling Hun. May sound weird but talking to someone can help xx

• Posted

I am part of a Facebook group for Chronic Subjective Dizziness (CSD) and many also have MAV. They follow the MAV diet and get results from it.
    • Posted

Michelle what's your surname I will join the group too and add u. I'm 23 and I'm exactly like u was in ibiza just before I got this. And I won't go out cus feel like I'm gonna collapse too. Xx
    • Posted

Iv sent you a private message.

Omg how weird. God what horrible life's we lead sad it sucks we dont live next door and could meet & join together to fight then. I feel exact same as u Hun. I feel like gonna pass out. And I can't go clubbing or anything anymore. It's so annoying as I get so bored. U should deffo should give counselling & acupunture a go x

• Posted

My neurologist put me on Flunarizine for my MAV. It helped for a year or better, but now i have calcium buildup in my inner ear that has crystallized and it makes me dizzy when i lay down, and of course putting my head up or down. He did something with my head, moving it in a couple of different positions. Then i had to wear a neck collar and not move my head or lay down for 2 days. Had to sleep sitting up. It worked, but just for a few weeks. When it came back, i was sick to my stomach for 2 days, and the room kept spinning. This time i,m just going to leave it. I notice that my tinnitus gets really bad on my bad days. Maybe someone could try Flunarizine. It might give u some time without being dizzy.

• Posted

Hi guys

Just a update

So been drinking that magnesium calms now & again ( not every day )

It does make you feel sick ( not a nice taste ) but u find it does help the headaches.

I'm going accupunture again today.

I feel really anxious today I don't know. Maybe cause I don't like it sad the needles & I don't like doing these things on my own.

I have also contacted a dizzy clinic ( vestibular )

I'm just waiting for my dad to get back to me then I can book. So wen it happens I shale let you know the crack smile

❤️❤️ Have a nice day

• Posted

The past couple days Iv had chest pains out of breath feeling ( taken couple heart burn tablets as fort maybe that ) and felt really nauseous I did have a Drs appointment today but had to cancel as o felt soo faint & sick & didn't wanna be sick in there ( even tho haven't been sick I feel like I am gonna be sick )

Advice?

• Posted

The past couple days Iv had chest pains out of breath feeling ( taken couple heart burn tablets as fort maybe that ) and felt really nauseous I did have a Drs appointment today but had to cancel as o felt soo faint & sick & didn't wanna be sick in there ( even tho haven't been sick I feel like I am gonna be sick )

Advice?

• Posted

Just a update went Drs they have put me on Naproxen & a anti sickness tablet as I get bad neausa ( maybe some you get this? )

She said it's not long term these meds just to relieve it at the moment ( been on them before & found them very good )

Any who she did mention the next time you come in to try a form of anti depressant I told her I'm not keen & she was saying how it could benefit me. Iv been on anti depressants before and it made me worse ( changed my mood ect )

Iv forgotten the name of it sorry but if and when I go back I will ask the same and discuss in more details & post it up.

Iv also felt really anxious all this week ( maybe cause the sickness & stress of maybe buying a new pony )

Morning here in the UK hope you have a lovely day xx

• Posted

Hi guys

Just an update

Iv been pretty bad for 2 weeks now with dizziness & it's making me very depressed & really tired.

I went Holland & barrat & the women told me to take b-100 so I now take 1 a day.

I also have vestibular therapy booked in next week ( wish me luck )

And I now have accupunture once a week and she's started to do it in my head to help the migraines & stress.

Has anyone been through any of what Iv mentioned? And can give some good advice.

All the best xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.