Mavis

Posted , 6 users are following.

I wonder if anybody has the same simptems as me.

?Coughing mucas all the time, some times with blood.

Feel very tired most of the time.

?Short of breath.

?I take Seretide 500, Ventolin 100mg Inhaler.

Antibiotics three times a week.

?Can anybody help please?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mavis

Please don't feel you are alone with yes. I had many years of persistent coughing, with mucus and, yes, sometimes blood. I started with bronchiectasis 40 years ago and lost a lot of weight with it too initially. Now, I am happy to say that I have finally found a method and medication that suits me.

i find it really beneficial to use a salt pipe for fifteen minutes a day which helps to open my airways, then I use an Acapella to help me clear my lungs. I only need my antibiotics when I feel an infection beginning. The tiredness is something I have learned to adapt to. I rest whenever I feel the need too but I am now fortunate as I have retired from work and feel a lot better for it.

Take care

• Posted

Hi,

i got my salt pipe online, and get refills. Lots of different sites to choose from. Just type in salt pipe

• Posted

Dancing queen,

Was your salt pipe suggested by your doctor? My doctor just gave me an Rx for 3% saline for my nebulizer. I'm wondering if that's essentially the same thing?

• Posted

Hi there,

no, the salt pipe was something I researched. When we were on holiday abroad we were taken to a salt mine where it was explained how people with breathing/lung problems were taken to the mines, in days gone by, to breathe in the atmosphere. I checked with my Doctor who said it wouldn't do me any harm so I went ahead with buying one. Never regretted it.

• Posted

Hiya,

Sounds about right for this BX stuff,not to worry seeing you are on Antibiotics 3 times a week if it is

Anzithyomizine ? that has worked for me  been on it for years it does get better,blood may be from all the coughing,we all seem to get that, but you should still watch,if it purses ask your GP, ias for being tried that comes with this,just do what you can and rest when can't.

Stay Well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.