Maxillary sinus pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have followed and posted on the maxillary sinus cyst forum. I have a potential sinus cyst that seems to be sitting above the last couple of molars. I pulled tooth #15 earlier this year- no relief of the left maxillary sinus. Tooth number 14 looks fine on the x-Ray so I haven’t removed it or root canaled it. So not sure if I should just rip out my damn teeth and see if it helps. I just pulled tooth 12 an old root canal and i feel worse now in the sinus yet my dental ct scan shows no sinus infection just the usual cyst and low level inflammation. The ent said he can take it out but wasn’t sure if it will help. 

Has anyone had an inflammed maxillary  sinus that makes the bones ache and feel sore and inflammed? It’s carrying on now a year and I just did 2 rounds of meds and it didn’t help at all. Also my upper jaw bone feels tight and when I talk it just feels tight. Totally freaking out and getting another MRI soon. 

Have any of you had a sore sinus for a long time?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey alryk...sorry you have to suffer...I also have maxillary and ethmoid sinusitis for 1 year now...ct showed mild inflammation in maxillary sinus but no cyst....and still it is painful if i don't take good care of it everyday....well what did your ent said about removing the cyst? Initially i used to rinse my sinuses with medicated sinus wash everyday and now every  alternate  day with normal saline and that keeps me going.

Regarding pain then as your upper jaw is also supplied by maxillary nerve which also supplies your maxillary sinus then it is difficult to say that weather the pain is because of sinusitis or tooth problem..so in my opinion try to fix your sinus problem that may help in your pain and if that doen't help then you can consider to consult dentist.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! The nasal rinses I am bad at. I tried a lot last year but it always gave me earache so I just use the nasal spray. I will try again for sure. If it relieves some pain then good! If I move forward with the sinus procedure it will be in Sept. or Oct. 

I just didn’t know a little sinus inflammation could cause sinus pain like this. Glad you got yours under control. I will get back into the sinus rinses. 

• Posted

Hey  alryk...I had the same problem when I started using neti pot and sinus cleansing...Sometimes I felt worst after using that....But with practice i could learn it properly...Just a few small tips..

1.only use distilled water.

2. medicated sinus cleaning includes antibiotics,antifungals,steroids and mucolytics...so helps in infection and pain.

3.don't blow your nose harshly after washing the nasal passages....as it may push water in the middle ear...

4. if you think water is somewhere in the passage, u can slight bend your back and tilt your head opposite of the side you cleansed,it will help you to drain excess water.

5.use it in the morning not just before sleeping or during evening...

hope this will helpbiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.