Maxillary sinus tooth pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

can anyone please tell me what maxillary sinus tooth pain feels like?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kadylouise, I'm sorry that no one has replied to you. I have a vague memory of aching teeth that coincided with a sinus infection but that was years ago so I couldn't say for sure how it felt. I think two or three back teeth seemed to be aching at the same time so I knew it wasn't normal toohache.

Have you put this question into a search engine? I just did and and one answer said:

"A sinus toothache is a type of referred tooth pain caused by an inflammation of the maxillary sinus (sinusitis) or a sinus infection. Sinus toothache feels much like common toothache and in some cases it is difficult, even for the dentist, to understand that the toothache is related to a sinus problem than a tooth problem."

Another one says:

"But sinus-related pain is a continuous pressure or an ache in the vicinity of the upper back teeth, not specific to any one tooth. You may notice that you have nasal congestion on the same side as the tooth pressure and that the pressure worsens when bending, walking, nodding or standing up."

The second one seems to back-up my memory.

• Posted

Thank you for replying i had a popping sensation in my nose feels like there is popping candy up there. I Also do feel a but of congestion as well the pain i get in my teeth is like ive put tin foil on a filling did you ever experience that?

• Posted

Not that I can remember, I think it was more like the whole side of that upper jaw ached. I remember the odd popping sensations - and the dreadful pressure if I put my head to one side.

Have you tried the good old fashioned tricks like dissolving a couple of menthol crystals in a bowl of hot water and sitting with a towel over your head so you inhale the vapour? (Be careful not to scald your nose by getting too close at first!). This is how I got rid of mine after several courses of antibiotics only gave temporary relief.

Someone on here also suggests taking evening primrose daily. I took 1000mg a day for something else for years then when I read this I realised I hadn't had any sinus problems for years! It might be coincidence or it might have worked. I've had plenty of colds but no sinus blocks.

One final tip is try giving up dairy stuff as this might help (so I read).

Good luck!

• Posted

i dont get that pain in my teeth all the time its just every now and then but ive noticed if someone sprays something it sets it off i have also think i have nasal polyps i cant use vapour and steam as i suffer with asthma i have the popping sensation that feels like its in my nose but i have also got a hole in my ear drum so not sure if its all connected im waiting for an appointment at ENT im due to see my doctor tomorrow so im going to discuss all this with him tomorrow i have low folate levels so not sure if my body is all runned down tbh

• Posted

A run down body can be the underlying factor behind so many problems. It just makes every little thing that we would normally shake off into a bigger, more complicated thing.

Our bodies are great at repairing themselves if they have the right tools. If we're lacking in some micro-nutrient or mineral we can't make the enzymes we need and then this process and that can't happen - all over the body. Perhaps ask for a full bloodwork so you can take stock of what you might be needing. Correcting any inbalances might even help with the athsma - you never know! Try looking at the nutritional sites for advice on what to eat to get extra nutrients (supplements aren't always the best way to get levels topped up).

Good luck with your appointment.

• Posted

they refused the blood test saying that cause im on folic acid there will be iron in my blood total crap if you ask me im due to have a blood test end of march to see if these folic acid tablets have worked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.