may 12th!!!!!

Posted , 13 users are following.

hi all,i have my date at last after having surgery cancelled in feb due to infection.im so excited but also scared!i have read all your stories avidly everyday and have got so much info from them.this forum is invaluable!theres a couple of silly questions i would like to ask cos i think i have answers to most others just by reading this forum!one is can you wear soft slipper sock type slippers in hosp or do you have to wear the hard bottomed ones with backs?and the other question is when you are well enough to venture out how can you tell if a chair as in a coffee shop or something is going to be the right height!ill be frightened to sit down in case it isnt!?i will keep you all updated once i get out of hosp.will prob be a blow by blow account as ill be boredsmileim hoping to get the spinal with a large chunk of happy milk so i know nothing about the op!!thats the thing im scared about.other than that bring it on!!love to you all and i hope you are all doing great.xx

2 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Regarding  raised loo seats etc-it was the O.T who measured me and sorted the delivery out for me. I presume you will have that done whilst you are in hospital if it hasn't been done beforehand- it's not in their interests to send you home to an environment without correct heights. I think the way in which things are done varies tremendously in different areas. 

I had a go at sleeping on my back last night , have you tried it ? Not easy but guess we will have to get used to it ! 

• Posted

I have been sleeping on my back and left side for months cos it's to painful on my bad side.but I always end up on my side cos I don't like sleeping on my back.I find it difficult to get to sleep otherwise!😕if it's not to painful after op I might try sitting up.a bit?I bought a wedge.try that.xxx
    • Posted

Well it's nearly here isn't it!!!I'm gonna say good luck and all the best for tomorrow.I have to be in the hosp for 7am .I will post on here as soon as I feel able.see you on the other side hippyhopchris.xxxxx
    • Posted

Yes Sandra. I am nil by math from 04.00hrs and need to be at hospital for 09.00hrs.. Good luck to you too hope you get a little bit of sleep-I am so nervous I doubt I will get much, but we will be having quite a bit of sleep tomorrow I guess!!  Will post you here when after op too.   Hippyhopchris X x
  • Posted

You'll do great! Best wishes and contact us as soon as you are able and not so cloudy headed after surgery to let us know how you are!
  • Posted

Good Luck for your op today.

Hope it all goes well and we will see you on the other side as you embark on this weird and wonderful recovery!x

• Posted

Hello Sandra, it's Christine here. I got out of hospital on Tuesday. Just wondering if you are home yet and how you are getting on ?

hippyhopchris. X

• Posted

Hi Christine!😊I've been looking for you and thought maybe you were still in.I'm doing fine. came out on Sunday. Pain not as bad as I was expecting.leg not really swollen.mainly finding it difficult to know how much rest versus how much walking etc to do.?I feel worried if I sit down to watch some tv so keep.getting up to walk around then sit down again!prob is I have 3 flights of stairs in house and each room is kitchen...bedroom...living room are all on diff floors so tires me out a bit keep having to go up and down. So tend to stay bedroom (not in bed)in morning and frontroom during day and evening !how are you getting on?is it better than you expected?how was your op?were you awake?I went for GA. glad I did!hope you are doing okay😊😊xxxxxx
    • Posted

Good to find you again. Yes I had GA ( was surprised to be anaesthetised  lying on my side) !  Had anterior approach. Lots of bruising and swelling and probably more pain than I expected. Am a nurse in the hspital where it was done- so weird being a patient. Your house sounds difficult.  Mines a traditional house, so today (partner gone back to work today) staying upstairs where bathroom is.  Finding getting in/ out of bed is the most painful thing to do- plastic bag helpful. Do you have anyone at home with you? I'm 51 : the other ladies having THR on the ward we're all in 70's . How old are you ?  Finding ice packs good for pain. Isn't the grabber stick a fantastic invention !! It's soon becoming my best friend. Christine X 
    • Posted

Wow!on your own already.I have my daughter here my partner does nights so in bed most of day and other lyrics up for a few hours and off to work.but at least I get bed to myself!!I'm 65 .was doing my exercises and thinking how the hell did Eamon Holmes have both hips done at same time!!?😨😨I love my grabber stick!!I can't move my leg sideways without moving it with my other leg!!I had a bag of frozen sprouts on my leg last night cos I'm finding my front thigh muscle going down above my knee hurts more than my hip!?don't understand why cos it's the side of my leg that was cut!?hope you are doing great😊xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.