May 15 an surgery for ccsd

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got out if surgery in May 15th since rite out of surgery I can't hear from my left ear yet.... Iam worried because I had a similar surgery 2yrs. Back and head a lot loader then this surgery... Last surgery was a stapedectomy and this surgery is called "reinforment of round window" were instead of closing the dehehencie they close a natural born window ... I am worried because I can't hear almost nothing just silence. Has anyone had a similar surgery and if so did it actually help... Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Bert, 

I've not had similar surgery, but am currently recovering from a stapedectomy from 14 days ago. I also have limited to zero sound in my operated ear but I'm not worrying yet as it's far too early in the recovery stage to know whether it has worked. Is there packing in your ear? If so this is likely to stop any sound getting through. If you scratch your ear lobe (operated side) can you hear anything? As with all concerns you should contact your Dr first and foremost but I would reassure that it takes a long time for your ear to recover from surgery and you probably shouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.