May be getting somewhere

Posted , 2 users are following.

in 2020 went to the doctors due to blood when having a BM , craps, bloating....

Told everything ok, went back... had an examination everything ok ..... but why bleeding....

got told to try a low fobmap diet....

Lockdown happened....

when we could go see doctors again i had a new doctor and started from scratch , examination, bloods, BM diary, food diary....

turns out IBS and gluten intolerant ..... but still bleeding and now practically every week and the odd blood clot.....

colonoscopy..... the procedure is fine im used to having by bum out by now.... the drink prep is the worse part about it..... all came back clear

Back on phone with doctors... still bleeding, tried creams & suppositories for over a year and nothing has helped...

2022 referred to colorectol clinic.... 4th jan appointment..... internal haemorrhoids and plenty of them got worse over time.... he decided to band them then and there (hadnt prepared myself) but what the help just crack on.... got to go back in 3months for the rest doing and hopefully that works otherwise its surgery.... its been hard work, disheartening and depressing but just kept at them

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

how long ago did you have the banding?

• Posted

i had my first lot of banding on the 4th jan , just waiting for an appointment now for my second lot doing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.