May be Prostatitis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all.  I have a question if anyone has had this happen to you.  I will ask my urologist when I see him next.  Can't send a e-mail because it goes through a nurse and she live a block away from me.  Here is my problem.  I do have some pain in my groin and my penis sometimes goes numb that I can deal with.  My doctor said it could be prostatitis.  It does not hurt when I have sex or I take care of myself.  But it takes a little playing around to get it going.  It's not like it was before when you were touched or throught of sex you were up and running.  My penis it hurts.  The veins or is it the corpus cavernosum once it fulls its fine.  I was just wondering if any of you guys have had this problem   Ken   

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Ken!  I've not experienced anything like that.  Penis pain is as big a downer as anything else that might go wrong to a man.  The urge is there, but that other "thing" is in the way.  I wish you well.

• Posted

Ken, I was never diagnosed with prostitis but had pains similar to yours. I also had pains around my anus and uncomfortable ejaculation. Yet 3 uros say I have BPH not prostitis
    • Posted

Thanks.  My uro told me that all men have some form of prostatitis in diferent forms   He told me the pain in the groin and the numbing of the penis is a form of prostatitis but I take a advil and the pain goes away.  The numbing last 2 to 3 hours then I'm good.  My ejaculation is good and feels great but I also noticed that I can't hold it like I use to.  I guess thats age.  Have a great day  Ken

• Posted

Not sure how to start a new discussion so sorry Kenneth. I am due to have a suprapubic catheter next month. Does anyone know if one stays in Hospital overnight and how long is the procedure.

thanks and  apologise Kenneth for interrupting this debate.

• Posted

No problem..  Why are you having this done.  I just looked it up  I guess if you have it done in the morning you can go home later.  There is alot of information on taking care of it.  Ken 
    • Posted

Thanks Kenneth. Bladder no longer empty completely and I could succeed at self cathertering.
    • Posted

So you tryed CIC.  I guess it will give you more freedom to move around.  And you can still be sexual if you like.    I read a little on it They have to be changed 4 to 6 weeks.  I hope it will help you.  Can I ask why could you not do CIC and will you try againg.  They are many men on here that have beed doing CIC instead of surgery.  Some find it hard at the start but they get use to it.  We have to do what we feel is right for us.  If you think this will work try it.  You can alway try again  Good luck Ken
    • Posted

Thanks Kenneth, I did try self catheterising but my hand was too shaky. Also at 76 and  having had 3 TURPS sexual activity is out of the question.

Regards

Robin

• Posted

Dame I'm sorry for that.  You had 3 turps to fix the problem.  One would have been enough for me to find another doctor.  How much of your prostate left.  I hate when this happen to men.  To many repeat surgery to fix a problem that should have only been one.  I hope this will get you back to somekind of normal.  Good luck my friend  Ken 

• Posted

May be prostatitis -

Following years of chronic prostatitis, I had a TURP 3 years ago, and since, have had a "burning" sensation in my rectum.  Initially my Urologist said to take hot baths to relieve the pain.  He then prescribed myofacial release treatments (Physical Therapist did 6 mos once a week with no relief) He then sent me to Nurse Practitioners who specialized in pelvic floor injections - 6 monthly treatments with injections coupled with antidepressents with no relief.  Visited colon/rectal surgeons in each of the last two years and he sees nothing that could cause this ongoing burning pain.

Would anybody have anything like this?

• Posted

I have had prostatitus, never had pain in penis.  My prostate would be sore and painfull from being inflamed and you could feel it sore when sitting on something like a bike or anything that puts pressure directly on your prostate.   I would lightly sit on something narrow enough to see if the pain is coming from there.  However, I guess it could spread to become a urinary tract infection and affect all of your plumbing. 

It once was referred to honeymoon disease as it can arise from too much sex or at least that is what I was told many years back when I peed a little blood on a vacation and paniced and went to see an out of town uro on an emergecy basis.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.