May have contracted herpes? HSV? Very scared.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Very concerned and looking for some guidance.

13 days ago, on August 6th, I had a brief encounter of unprotected oral sex. Was very drunk and am somewhat fuzzy on the details but was only in her mouth for maybe 3 minutes and did not ejaculate before realizing what was happening and leaving.

I have since developed a small bump on the shaft of my penis, first appearing on day 9 or 10. It doesn’t sting but does very occasionally itch slightly and is a little tender. I though at first it had a slight white head but now seems just to be slightly discolored and depressed in the center. It may have popped without me noticing or may simply have seemed lighter in color at first. I’m not sure.

Very concerned that I may have contracted an STD and am hoping someone here may be able to give me some guidance (obviously you can’t tell me anything with certainty but I’m scared and would appreciate anything you can do or say).

Have considered herpes, but my understanding is that is usually painful and would present with multiple bumps. HPV is of course a possibility but this is mostly smooth and my understanding is that warts are usually rougher. And my bump doesn’t LOOK like the pictures of molluscum that I’ve seen.

Does this sound like anything you guys have experienced?

I am unfortunately just not able to visit a dr at this time and will not be able to for at least a month due to finances.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

molluscum spots have indentations in the middle of them

• Posted

And are usually rounder/more spherical to my understanding. Though there is a very SLIGHT indention on the bump. Less than I have seen in most pictures of molluscum, though.

To clarify, are you saying you DON'T think it's molluscum?

And if so does it sound typical of anything else in your experience.

Thanks in advance for your help. I know you cannot give perfect or 100% accurate advice as you are not a dr examining me in person but I really appreciate the help.

Freaking out a bit if I'm honest.

• Posted

if it was anything id say molluscum i dont think its herpes but u would have to do a test to be sure usually they are tingly and itchy when they appear it dosnt look like a wart to me either

• Posted

how long has it been there

• Posted

could also be a benign spot of some kind as only one there at the moment you say u cant get to the doctors mabe take the watch an wait approach see if it goes away or if more develop or it changes in anyway

• Posted

dont go by photos off the internet as not all look the same as the photos online

• Posted

It has occasionally itched or been slightly tender. Usually only if the skin is stretched. Don't really feel anything most of the time and I know I'm super conscious of it right now so that may have something to do with it.

Very, very mild though.

First noticed it 3 or 4 days ago.

Thank you again.

• Posted

if u cant get the the doctors just keep an eye on it for more appearing usually a benign spot will disappear within a week

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.