May have herpes-- but still in shock?!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Could I have herpes?

So I went to the gynecologist today because I had vaginal swelling and red bumps all around my labias and some around my anus. She took a quick glance at my vagina and diagnosed me with HSV1 and I must say I was extremely baffled.

I was in disbelief because last week was the first time I had ever had sex... EVER. and it was also my boyfriends first time (so Im sure he was clean and didn t have the virus). I tried explaining this to my gynecologist, but unfortunately English isnt her first language so the communication was a bit hindered. The bumps burn like hell but my discharge is regular and apart from my swollen vagina and painful bumps, I feel fine...

Could I have somehow still contracted herpes even though both my boyfriend and I were virgins? It doesnt make any sense to me, we were both clean and it was our first time and all of a sudden I have herpes... And hes completely fine (no bumps no swelling... Nothing) completely fine! Im the only one suffering. So I dont know what is happening!! Can someone help me?

Note: I have no symptms of oral herpes or cold sores.. like I told you, I feel fine. sad

Plus I know my boyfriend has only had any type of sexual experience with me... Like I said, we were both virgins... And this means in terms of both oral and actual penetration. I've tried talking to professionals about this but they all keep telling me that maybe my boyfriend or I had the virus but it was dormant and blah blah blah but I dont understand how that could be if none of us have ever been exposed to the virus?! Nobody seems to understand me or my case. They keep telling me my boyfriend probably has the virus but how?! He's completely fine plus he HAS NEVER COME IN CONTACT WITH THE VIRUS VIA A SEXUAL EXPERIENCE . PLEASE HELP ME

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well if ur a virgin then ur boyfriend has to lying to you, that is contracted sexually, and if u were a virgin then someone gave it to him, he's a carrier and u got it from him.sorry for you, I have s good friend this happened to.its a virus that you can't get rid of.you take meds. So sorry, there's certsin times you have the outbreaks.its a permanent virus.

• Posted

I trust my boyfriend hasn't lied to me. And we've been together for 5 years. Since he was 15 and I was 14. And we waited all this while to have sex with someone we love. So I'm sure he isn't lying to me.

• Posted

Sorry just telling you facts. God bless, good luck.look it up online
  • Posted

sorry dear, He lied about his virginity.Just see a doc and get yourself treated.Maybe he is a healthy Carrier that's why he is not having the symptoms.

• Posted

Your boyfriend may have gotten when he was a child from an infected parent or a close family member who may have transferred it via an active sore somehow.
  • Posted

You would think that people who work in sexual health would be 100% right all the time but that is not the case. Some employees are very quick to diagnose conditions and some are the complete opposite. Trust me, I've had experience of it. If you have been swabbed and it's been confirmed by microscopic analysis it's likely your bf has it but it is dormant or he could have it but only has very slight symptoms that he doesn't even feel or know are there. But I can't see why he would lie, men are more likely to do the opposite and exaggerate the number of sexual partners.

There's a stigma around herpes but if you do some research you will see that it is extremely common. In time you will know the warning signs a few days before an outbreak and there are tablets you can take that limit the severity and length of the outbreak. Also as time goes by and the oldet you get, your body learns to control it and you will find that you have less and less episodes to the point where you may never even get another outbreak.

Don't stress about it Anyone with any sense and maturity will understand and take it for what it is, which is something that does no harm to your body, is extremely common and as time goes by it will affect you less and less.

take care

• Posted

"A quick glance and you were diagnosed with HSV1." Firstly, I'm sorry you and your boyfriends first time went a bit pear shaped. Don't worry, my first time was with a prostitute at age 24, a total stranger. But get a second opinion regarding your diagnosis. See if there's a proper test they can carry out because, in my mind, the rash-like symptoms you had could've been anything. All the best. And even if it is genital herpes, they have good medication these days, as you probably know. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.