May help others....

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. I developed acid reflux which was constant burning in my throat a few months ago. It came on suddenly and no idea why like many on here. I had previously been diagnosed with IBS a few mths ago. The burning was all day, from when waking until sleeping and was only fine whilst sleeping. I sought help and was put on rantidine. This didnt work for 2 weeks despite taking 150mg x 2 a day. I had brurning all day, every day and even in my nose which then progressed t my chest and even a warm sensation in my tummy. I researched and researched and this is what worked for me so may help others. I have now come off my rantidine and stil OK ( I am hoping for good, but we will see)

I have since been diagnosed with mutliple mobile gallstones which may have caused the reflux or may not!

Slippery elm, 3 x a day

Mastic gum 2 x aday

probiotics 2 x a day

Digestion enzymes with every meal

Digestive enzymes with HCL and pepsin with meat

Fermented foods

Powdered broccoli sprouts

Milk thistle

CUT all high fat foods, onions, tomatoes, coconut products ( except yogurt) most nuts ( which give me IBS symptoms) all gluten ( except on date night once a mth) and all dairy. I have also reduced red meat and stopped bacon.

I do eat healthy anyway, mostly organic and paleo but I had to restrict a lot. I aslo cut dark chocolate and most of my herbal drinks which I now consume over the past week in small amounts.

I have done this for weeks and kepyt on when reflux stopped and removed the rantidine to 1 then 0.

I am now just on digestive enzymes (both types) and probiotics with every meal. Occasional mastic gum and milk thistle, broccoli sprouts and fermented and stayed fine.

Maybe this might help others?

smile

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Star42, many thanks for sharing this information. Could you possible tell me the names of the products you used, so I can give this ago. I have a hiatus hernia and am suffering with acid reflux bad in the back. It is as if I have the heartburn in my back. I am on Omeprazole, Gaviscon and Rantidine, been like this 5/6 weeks. Many Thanks Shirley
    • Posted

Hi, my post was sent to be moderated, I dont think I am allowed to name brands?
    • Posted

Yes sad they don't tell u as simple things as brands not hurting anyone I got something that could have really helped me but instead a moderater deleted it I was going to discuss it with my dr there r better forums that don't delete things that can help people

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.