Maybe I have always had some form of anxiety disorder without realising it?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have been starting to think or even realise that maybe I have always had an anxiety disorder there....For example I got my first panic attack at a library couple years ago and went through a phase of having mild anxiety ocd gay thoughts and thinking "What if I am gay"? I am not against homosexuality just so you know and I am fine with the fact I could be bi or a lesbian for the matter. However, I used to always get panic attacks revolving around those thoughts. They kind of lessened over time. 2 years ago I had severe anxiety around intrusive sexual thoughts that plummeted me into a spiral of sickness. After I got over the intrusive thoughts I found a hobby and a passion for reptiles! I was loving it, however I was always stresed thinking "What if they get MBD (which is a severe sickness that can develop in reptiles if not properly cared for). I was constantly asking all of my reptile friends about different behaviours/and or symptons my reptile has eg- Is it normal he has an open mouth, or that he toes don't stick flat to the ground blah, blah, blah! I would never get panic attacks over it though so I don't think that was anxiety, just more like worry...? Finally, I have health and social anxiety....Started few months ago. Is it normal for an axiety disorder to change/morph? Have I always had a genetic predisposition to anxiety and never realised this until now ? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes you may have. When my anxiety acts up, I also get intrusive thoughts (terrible ones I can't even write in this space), very, very frightening. I'm sure it's possible for an anxiety disorder to change. The first time I started getting anxiety, it started over my health and now, that's not my constant worry anymore. When I get the "butterflies" in my stomach, my intrusive thoughts come to mind. You should seek counselling, meds or both. I get both and I do a lot of reading up on my condition. It just makes me feel not so crazy when I read about anxiety and intrusive thoughts and how it is totally normal in high anxiety. Knowledge is power. Do you have lots of support?

• Posted

Ahh yes I completly understand! Thanks for all this wonderful support! Makes me feeel better for sure smile What symptons do u have if I may ask? Do u get a sloshy sounding tummy? Mine sounds like a hot water bottle! I don't get it, I get symtons even when I don't have any heart racing, do u get that? Like I was over in the shed and my legs were shaking! I also have no nerves left in my leg as I can't feel anything...rolleyes, that normal? lol It sucks ! 

• Posted

There's not enough room in this forum to list all of my symptoms of anxiety lol. Yes, I do get all of yours plus many, many more. It's a terrible feeling, you feel like you're a visitor in your own body. I couldn't have got through it without medication. I have been on 100 mg for 7 years and 12 days ago, my doctor increased my dose to 150 because after a couple of traumatic incidents my anxiety and intrusive thoughts returned. 12 days and I'm still waiting for something "magical" to happen. Can't wait because I've had enough of this crap!!

• Posted

My hands tend to sweat and shake when i get anxiety. Mostly its in situations when there is a deadline and i worry of it not being finiahed in time and getting in trouble (my job). I also think i may have social anxiety although i try to push hard to overcome it by putting myself out there but when i try to talk to someone new my hands start shaking because im nervous and sweat. Even with people i tend to think alot about like a crush my hands shake and its really embarrassing also my voice gets shaky what can i do to help qith that. Pls no meds, I want to deal with this by myself, i dont want to rely on a pill to keep me sane for the rest of my life.
  • Posted

It sounds like you have obsessive thoughts. We do obsess when we have anxiety, and it will keep getting worse,till your in full blown panic. If  your repeating physical things, then that's OCD.  If it's your  thoughts,and your mind is alway's racing,  then that's from major anxiety. Please don't let this go on, and on. Call your family doc and they will start you on a antidepressant. See if you start to feel better. I'm sure you will.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.