Maybe i need a change in medication?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am due to have an endoscopy tomorrow.  I have had GERD for 12 years and have only ever been prescribed Omeprazole (did change to Lansoprazole for a short time) but my reflux has got worse recently and the Omeprazole doesn't seem to be working anymore.  Has anyone else had this problem and what was your change in medications?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I started with Omeprazole followed by Lansoprazole and then Pentoprazole as each ceased to help any more and finally Esomeprazole that I have been taking since 2004. Of course then it was under the Brand name Nexium and now I get Europe  and Asian generic versions.
  • Posted

Hi I'm on esomprazole 60 mg and 300

Ranitidine and gavison liquid

• Posted

I'm on 40mg of Omeprazole at the moment but that doesn't seem to be doing anything at the moment.  I hope i can get sorted out after tomorrow's endoscopy.
  • Posted

Milk thistle Complex worked for me. I had burning and regurgitation problems for about five years. Medication only worked short term. I only took two packets, I have been fine for two years. We are all different but might be worth a try
    • Posted

I saw milk thistle in Holland and barrett the other day, it was quite expensive. Will see what comes of my test and I might consider it as an addition to whatever medication GP advises if he says it's OK to take.
  • Posted

Hi I am on gavison and ranitidine I find that certain foods set mine off x
    • Posted

I took what you are taking, but symptoms came back. Milk Thistle Complex,-

Combination of Milk Thistle, Artichoke, Dandelion, Peppermint and Boldo

stopped the need for them. Even before one box (30 tablets)of Milk thistle COMPLEX my symptoms seemed to disappear. I took the odd one after that as precaution after social drinking.

• Posted

I'm Type 2 diabetic and i don't think diabetics can take dandelion (not sure why but i did read it somewhere)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.