Maybe liver issues? Lindsey's Nails

Posted , 2 users are following.

All my 20 nails turned yellow over night, then turned to look exactly like Lindsey's Nails with the Opaque white and brown or half and half nails. 3 fingernails are noe falling off. I've been having low back pain and hip pain. Anyone else have this? I took a picture, but I do not see where I can add o e. I'm an adult female age 40yrs old. Do not drink or smoke.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had nail issues with my liver problems. I too lost my nails. Any other signs of jaundice? Whites of your eyes yellow? If I wear colored nail polish without a base coat they turn yellow as well which is why I always wear polish. I have also had a fungus from a nail salon. You should probably see a doctor and get some blood work to check your liver enzymes. I was a drinker but you don't have to be to experience liver issues. Try putting Vicks vapor rub on there 3x a day. If it's just a fungus, that will clear it up in a few weeks.
    • Posted

Thank you for responding. I wish I had insurance, but sadly I do not. My lower legs have what I thought was a red dot type rash, but I believe it's petechiae maybe. It looks like razor burn, but have not shaved. My face has a red raised rash and feels like a sunburn. Very odd! For all 20 nails to turn yellow over night and then a week later to become loose and half and half nails with toenails included, I thought was a bad sign. My mucus membranes are yellow in my mouth and my eyes have yellow hue in only parts of the sclera. I also have sclera has also now turned blue in spots. I see yellow his on my skin in patches. Very odd as well. I think jaundice would cover my entire body, but not sure. Again, thank you for responding.
    • Posted

Hi Gina. That red rash you mention with tiny little bumps....Google Guttate Psoriasis. Does it look like that?. It's an auto immune type of skin disease. I have had it for years. I was in remission and it reappeared when my liver failed. And usually comes out when I have an illness. (My first indicatior that something is wrong in my body).. If you have all of the symptoms you have written it def sounds like liver issues. Your body may not be able to process the proteins and vitamins you are taking in. You should go to the ER. They can NOT refuse your care!!! I didn't have insurance for years and I always ended up at the ER or a clinic that charged $40. Don't mess around with this. Other than your heart it is a most vital organ!! I was stubborn and didn't go in when I turned yellow and by the time I got to the ER I had about 24hrs before I died. ICU for 3wks. Don't dilly daddle, get yourself to the ER!!
    • Posted

I have exactly that rash. It is in a few patches on my face and was just all over my stomach and between my breast. I thought my stomach and breast was maybe heat rash since my chest is big, but figured maybe my belly had gotten hot as well and broke out in the rash. It itches and feels like a sunburn. I am so happy that I have posted on this site and you cared enough to responded to me. I live in Florida, but just came to Nyack, New York with my boyfriend and our three little one's for work for the next 3.5 weeks. New York may be the place in terms of better healthcare doctors at the Er to get checked out. I know in 2004 I was getting laproscopy for my endometreosis and the doctor said my liver was severely damaged and my liver enzymes we're elevated. He did a couple Hep screens and was negative. That has been the last time my liver was looked at or had issues. In 2001 I had epstein-barr virus and was very I'll. I just feel that has started all my health issues to date. You have given me the reason to get checked out and once I get my liver enzymes tested, I will post here and in hopes of helping someone else in the same situation. Going to the Er makes me feel bad as I'm not an emergency. This is why I just needed a little more info, before going in and you've done that for me. I'm glad you are here with us today and you can help me now. I've been so embarrassed of that rash in patches on my face and my brown nails and loose one's that I have been hiding inside. I know silly! Thank you again, Good Kitty. Gina
    • Posted

Sorry about the misspelling. My phone is new and changes my words as well as I have a 9 most old in my arms trying to type at the same time. Endometriosis-
    • Posted

You are so welcome! I just joined last week myself.

If your enzymes are high your ammonia levels may be as well. That's when everything goes to poop!! Well for me it did. I do hope you get this checked!! Take Milk Thistle. It is an herb. I take it daily for liver health. (I order my liquid drops on Amazon bc the pills are huge) Over a period of about 4-6 weeks it will totally lower your enzymes. And Gina, you ARE an emergency! I'm serious. Don't fart around when it's your liver! For your skin, I just discovered MG 217. They sell otc at Walgreens. When I was a child and my psoriasis got out of control I would have to sit outside in the sun and bathe in coal tar solution in a plastic pool. That MG217 is the first time I have seen a coal tar that works. I've been using it for 3 weeks and I am almost clear! (And I tan 2x a week as UVA rays also clear it up.) I do hope you see someone soon. I'm glad I could give you some insight. I'm following this feed so do tell us posted 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.