Mayo Clinic Urologist

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi. I'm looking around for a consultation with a Mayo Clinic urologist who is particularly knowledgable about BPH, and wonder if anyone out there has a recommendation. I'd prefer the Florida location, but would travel to the Arizona or Minnesota locations to see the right doctor. 

Thanks for any recommendations and thoiughts/advice regarding Mayo. 

Don

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Don...I presume you are aware of the consequences of most urologist view points, I went to 3 of them here in NewZealand and studied the internets surgery in USA etc and have concluded 1.you need to know exactly what your prostates issue is and I cant say a simple ultra sound is that accurate?,also most urologists don't tell you all the consequences of a particular surgery-you really need to understand what they are not telling you!

• Posted

Yes Brain and Don.... You have to look at everything.Urologist will try to   fix one problems but cause many others.  9 out of ten procedure cause the most problem that you may not wan. Ken 
    • Posted

True, when that Doc at the Mayo clinic suggested he just painlessly take out the Prostate to save money he never once mentioned ANY side effects. I later found out it can cause incontinence, ED and of course and no sex life and even somehow make your height 1" shorter, don't know how that works but that is what I was told.

• Posted

Someone told me months ago that Dr. James E. Lingeman from Indiana University Department of Urology has done more than 2,000 Holeps (may be 3,000) and is a internationally acclaimed for his clinical expertise. In the past I read some patients had incredible recovering and pratically zero BPH symptoms.

Anyone here have some type of experience with him or have hear something about it? 

• Posted

Out of all the men that had it done how many had side effects.  Mainly retro ejaculation. KEN 
    • Posted

Hi - to specifically those on here from the UK

Any recommendations for a good Urologists in or near London / South Buckinghamshire?

Thanks

Jeremy

• Posted

Thanks very much. Wow, 2000 Holeps--didn't know the procedure had been around that long. I'll check him out.

Don

• Posted

I don't think you can go wrong with Mayo.

When you sign papers before surgery there is a line that says in there it's a learning hospital so I asked the Doctor Who was doing it just to be sure it's not a apprentice doing it.

Glad I did it now, but a little scary .

Wish I would have done years ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.