MC on 5 year old - Conzerol - is this normal?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello- my 5 year old has had MC for about 4 months. It started as a few tiny bumps on her stomach, and I didn't think much of them. Everything I read said to just leave them alone and let them go away on their own, so I tried to be patient. After month 3, with no improvement, and now about 15-20 bumps, I decided to dig deeper and try to find a way to get rid of these before they spread even more. I found Conzerol online, and read tons of glowing reviews, so we decided to try it. We started it over 2 weeks ago, and my daughter now has huge scabs on her stomach (see photos). About a week after starting the Conzerol, her MC spread into what looked like huge clusters of bumps, and now (17 days in) they are really big scabs that look just awful! I included the following photos:

Day 3 on Conzerol (bumps turning red)

Day 10 - spreading into clusters of bumps

Day 17 - today- huge scabs

Has anyone had this experience with Conzerol? From what I've read, scabs are a good thing, and it means they are healing... but after searching through tons of photos online, I can't find any with scabs quite this big. I guess I just need some peace of mind that this is normal, and not causing any harm to my daughter. Also, should I be putting anything else on these scabs? Like tea tree oil? Aquaphor? Anything? I've been giving her baths every other day, but don't want to scrub these too hard because I don't want them to bleed and spread more. Please send any tips my way. This has been such a nightmare. Thank you!!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

so sorry that your daughter is experiencing this. my daughter got it from swimming at the ymca pool when she was 6. hers never looked like this though. she patches of the bumps all over her bottom, thighs and tops of her legs and a few scattered elsewhere. our pediatrician said to leave them alone and they will go away on their own but definitely wrong. they go away scab over and spread. i used 2 things to get them away for good almost a year and a half later. i used molluscum vanishing stick i would by on amazon and put on the bumps when they appeared 2 to 3 times a day. the medicine looks like chapstick. I also had my daughters dermatologist put her on oral cimetidine to rid her body of the infection. she had to be on it for 3 months every day religiously but it finally worked. i would not recommend painting the bumps with medicine. they turn into huge blisters and it was very painful for my daughter. it gets rid of the bumps she had in that one particular area but not the ones that had already spread.

• Posted

I am so sorry you're dealing with this. My daughter had molluscum over the summer and it was a nightmare. When she had two bumps I took her to a dermatologist and they used beetle juice on them. I wasn't a fan of the hypeepigmentation that the juice left. So, I checked her everyday. As soon as I saw a tiny MC, I brought her to a cosmestic dermatologist that popped it out easily and with no scarring. Personally, I don't think the scabs are normal. It almost looks like an allergy to the topical or a burn. I think you should take her to a good dermatologist and ask. Also, I wouldn't do nothing about these. It can last up to four years and because it innoculates it spreads. They really bothered my daughter and were itchy! I

• Edited

Hi Mer912.

Sorry for what happened to your daughter. I read it that Epsom salt bath would help getting rip off the MC. I tried Conzerol but it didn't work for me. I used Apple Cider Vinegar and MC was gone in a week. The most important thing is keeping it from spreading.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.