MC? Was (mis?)diagnosed ~2 weeks ago with Folliculitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

About 2 weeks ago I went to urgent care because I was having severe symptoms in the regions of the picture provided. They were A LOT worse then, maybe even had some Folliculitis, but these bumps are staying for quite a while now, maybe 3-4 weeks. Nurse said dont worry its just Folliculitis, but now that most if it has cleared I'm still worried. Waiting on blood test results for HIV, HSV, and Syphilis. My urine sample did pop positive for chlamydia. although i was asymptomatic for it. I have had a lof of unprotected sex lately. Since they have occurred i have tried using different alternative treatment particularly tea tree oil. it seems as though many of them have gone away in comparison to before but they are still plentifully there. im a mid 20s male who is way too young to call it quits on sexual relationships. help?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It looks like mc. Get them burned off before they get worse. Wear a condom, it's not that hard and protects you from stuff like this. Learn from this mistake or stop having sex.

• Posted

Was the follicitius from shaving or friction ? Let us know what your results are . chylamidia is treatable but resistant to meds , perhaps get another urine sample , and also get nurse to contact your partners anonomous for you to help them start treatment . While there they can re evaluate you for mollescum contagiaum to be sure . Its also possible that you your follicitus is still healing .

• Posted

I'm assuming they're from shaving. Still waiting on my blood test results and a follow up appointment. Soon as I figure this out I'll definitely update the post.

• Posted

Damn!!! i don't think they are MCs. After 3 to 4 weeks, you definitely can see the white lesions with dimples in the middle. Folliculitis is your less worry. you should worry about chlamydia. That s**t is contagious bro! Folliculitus is not contagious (only when it gets infection) but it looks ugly around the man hood. i know how it feels every time you look at your boy. it's depressing and very stressful. Keep trying to look at it every time you can. You should check with the dermatologist. They can tell you how to treat it. I had MCs for like 5 months and after that i started having folliculitis but mine is not as bad as yours.

• Edited

so what is the outcome?

• Posted

Still waiting on my blood test results and a follow up appointment. Soon as I figure this out I'll definitely update the post.

I've continued to use tea tree oil, but quit the ACV. It was painful and didn't seem to be doing much. I started using a salicylic acid gel and that seems to be working although it is leaving some minor discoloration, which might just be from irritation. A few of the bumps are gone. I'll take pics once I feel it has a noticeable difference.

• Posted

I went to regular doctor yesterday and he said I did not have my, but in fact it was follicitius. not sure if I believe him. lol I might go to a dermatologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.