MCAD / histamine intolerance

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone one else suffer with these conditions ? It also seems to take in Vestibular Migraines

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have heard of this and wondered if I had it. Because in addition to my vestibular migraine symptoms, I get weird allergic reactions to things out of the blue. And have times when my larynx flares up into full irritation/allergy mode. But I do not have the skin symptoms and history of anaphylaxis. So my allergist does not believe I fit the clinical picture.
    • Posted

Maybe I mistook "MCAD". I thought you were referring to Mast Cell Activation Disorder, but when I google MCAD, Medium-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase (MCAD) deficiency comes up. Which disorder are you referring to?

• Posted

No I mean Mast Cell Activation disorder and over production of histamine 
  • Posted

Ok yes. Mast cell activation. That's what I had wondered about with myself. Thing is, I have no flushing and none of the dermatological signs. I also have not had anaphylaxis. My allergist said it is extremely unlikely I would have one of the MCADs without having at least one of these things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.