MD vs vertigo

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the people with MD how did your symptoms start and what symptoms did you have at first.

Whats the difference between vertigo/labrintitis vs Meneiers disease

Im starting to drive myself crazy because of how I feel. I have a slight fullness on my ear. I have no ringing or hearing loss in my ears. I feel like I am motion sick. I had a vertigo attack 2 weeks ago and then went back to feeling somewhat nornal. I did not have any motion sickness but i still fealt a little off. 3 days ago I had a vertigo ago attack in the middle of the night. When an attack happens i feel motion sick for a couple days. I notice my eyes move alot and my vision is somewhat off. I also feel extremly tired. I feel off balance. How long does it typically take to heal? I just hope this is not MD. Its just awful to be healthy and athletic to not being to function as a young adult.

What do people with MD go through everyday?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hello.  Classical MD symptoms are....

1.  vertigo lasting at least 20 minutes and up to 24 hours.  You then feel somewhat normal until next episode.

2.  hearing loss in low decible range in affected ear (have you had a hearing test?)

3.  tinnitus in affected ear

4.  usually ear fullness in affected ear.

your feeling tired and unbalanced following vertigo attack is normal no matter the cause.  That usually wears off in a few hours or certainly by the next day.

Have you been seen by an ENT?  If not, that is your next step.  ENT will administer a hearing test which will help clarify cause of your vertigo.  Let us know what the ENT says and if it is MD we can help you cope on this forum.

Best of luck to you.  Stay in touch....we care!

• Posted

Yes i have been to the ent twice. I also did an mri. The ent said my hearing was perfect and my ears were 100 percent ok. He scheduled me for an VNG test. Im thinking i have the beinein position vertigo. I had an eply manuever done a couple weeks ago and it did not really do anything. When i turn side to side i feel very motion sick. The motion sickness goes away and then I start to feel slightly better. I feel like my eyes cant focus.
    • Posted

based on your ENT exam, you apparently do not have MD. Hopefully you will soon find cause of vertigo.  good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.