ME action response to Covid-19

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

Just letting you all know that #meaction have a page of resources to respond to the Covid-19 virus for people with ME.

Hope it's helpful,

Beverley

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

I am not very up to how Twitter works, but I will try. Thank you for the tip 😃 We need them!

• Posted

thanks Beverley. now that we have been told today by Boris that elderly and vulnerable people should self isolate for 12 weeks (having no Coronavirus symptoms) I am struggling to find out online whether those with ME are vulnerable.

surely we are at greater risk of the effects of Coronavirus being serious for us?

my GP hasn't advised me yet even though I've asked.

• Posted

Hi Amber,

I agree there is not enough information available on who is considered vulnerable apart from the elderly.

I find it shocking that children and students are still expected to go to school and parents can still be fined if children are kept away from school if they are not ill but, their parents are being told non essential meetings are not to be allowed. let's hope for clarity soon!

Beverley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.