ME again.......

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

Firstly i would like to thank everyone for their comments on my previous posts.

Yesterday, on my birthday i went to Citizen Advice... for some advice on my situation i am having.

I didn't have an appointment so it was only brief but he was surprised that i do not get anything for mobility.

He asked if things had changed since i first applied for PIP and i said yes but because i am so use to shutting up and getting on with it IE Walking and standing i just struggle.

I explained the bit about driving and he said what i need to do is today go to my GP and have like a medical examination done and tell her what is going on, so i did an the GP said she completely understands my situation and asked how i got to the surgery i said i use a child electric scooter as the doctors would take me well over an hour to walk and i could have to stop every 5 minutes... i showed her the scooter.

I said i am 28 years old i cannot use it all the time to get to places, it is embarrassing.

She said for me to get another PIP form and complete what i need to do and then return the form to her and she will complete the medical section.

She saw the chaffing marks on my thighs and i said to her they bleed and are very sore and now i am developing stretch marks around the same areas which go a dark pink/purple colour when they rub.

I feel this is my only option now, this has completely got me down and i dont leave the house now unless someone is able to drive me places. 

I got over one hurdle of doing my theory and now feel like im stuck in hole and cannot get out.

I will post updates if and when they happen.

THANK YOU ALL!

Have a good day  x 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

@natalie21584  I hope everything works out to your satisfaction, many years ago when I first became disabled, I used to tremble like a jelly on a plate when the dreaded brown envelope came through our letter box.  I used to be sent for a medical examination approximately every two weeks or so.  Finally I received a letter from the DLA informing me that I would not be called again for medicals, the feeling of relief was indescribable so I do understand what you are going through.  I wish you all the luck in the world.

MaryLip

• Posted

Hi Natalie sorry to hear your having such a rubbish time...but it’s good to know that your GP is going to help you in filling out the pip form which I know is daunting it’s self...there’s a lovely lady on here called Denise and I’m sure she could tell you what to do next...I’m sorry I’m not of much help I just wanted you to know that there’s ppl who will always have kind words to say as a lot of us are in the same boat ....good luck take care Natalie xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.