Me again 😥

Posted , 11 users are following.

4.5 weeks on 30mg and woke up soooooo depressed!

Someone else tell me this is normal and it will pass. It's horrible. I've had it in and off but not this bad this is horrible.. So naturally it's making my anxiety worse 😭

smells seem to be triggering it a lot aswell and this is really worrying x I don't know what's causing what anymore and just feel completely hopeless and stuck.

feel like I'm gonna be trapped like this forever 😭

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Been on 40mg for almost 6 weeks now and it’s about the same. Been doing really good at 2-4 weeks, but on the 5th week I had a major setback.

Starting to come around a little bit the past few days tho.

I’m hoping it’s the same for you!

• Posted

thanks for replying nina x how bad was your setback bless you?

mine was horrific. a really really bad depression for no reason x it's been one really tough tough day x

I'm glad you're starting to come round a little now x hopefully tomorrow will be a little better for you x

• Posted

Well I went from having panic attacks only at night to none at all for awhile, then having them back at night to even having them in the day.

So yea... it was a really bad setback. Now I’m just kind of on edge because I know what my anxiety is capable of, and even when I felt almost back to myself, I’m still vulnerable regardless and I think that’s what made it really really hard this time.

At best I feel OK, but it’s like I’m too afraid to be happy or appreciate anything anymore in case it comes back. The last two days tho been a bit easier on me, but I still wish I could go back to that 70-80% of feeling like myself like I did a few weeks ago. I really thought I was better and was going to enjoy Christmas but I was wrong. I’m just waiting now for it all to be over.

The random depression/anxiety will always be hard because of the fact it’s random.

• Posted

what is a good way to get out of your own head when really anxious.

• Posted

hi p im really sorry youve had such a bad day. we all seem to be having blips at the moment. im sure its just a blip. hopefully you feel better tomorrow xx

• Posted

hi p, how you feeling today? i hate the smell thing its horrible, i can be on my morning walk and walk passed a house that has a dog in and literally smell it from the kerb!!! also cant stand perfume or aftershave etc etc

• Posted

Hi seem to remember you were on sertraline before did it make you feel worse? Wondering whether to switch been on 50mg dropped to 37 for a week as was feeling awful then went up to 50mg again couple weeks ago, and anxiety worse than ever. Will give it a bit longer but been 7 weeks and feel awful!

• Posted

you have to stop fiddling with your dose!the more you do dose changes med changes, the less your going to see that light at the end of the tunnel.

• Posted

Going to try slightly lower dose Virtually housebound since increasing to 50mg, didn't affect me when I lowered dose. Got appointment with GP in 3 weeks will have been on it about 11 weeks then. Beginning to regret having ever started them as haven't helped at all and so far making me feel worse. Get what you are saying about dose change but think 50mg just giving me too many side effects."

• Posted

Lois,

14 weeks on 50 sertraline. Reduced the luvox down to 12.5 from 25mgs . im taking a .125 of klonopin. Slow improvement. should i stay at this dose.

• Posted

I really didn't get on with sertraline if I'm honest x

I only lasted 7 weeks on 50mg I do hear it gets better after then though x

• Posted

I know you aren't meant change dose but trying lower dose as it's making me feel worse than when I started. Got an appointment with doctor in 3 weeks if no better then wil re-asses the situation. It does all seem a bit trial and error and all seem have some side effects. Just don't think at 7 weeks should be making me feel worse!

• Posted

dose changes only make me feel worse at 8-12 weeks

• Posted

Hit rock bottom almost got stage can'T leave house so can't get any worse to be honest. I know they advise against changing dose but last couple weeks been unbearable can't carry on with 50mg. Am wondering if it'S right med for me. Affected my hair as well but not as bad as citalopram feel like giving up on them all"

• Posted

bless you i know that feeling, all the withdrawals will be compounded with start ups, my hair is terrible with citalopram withdrawal x

• Posted

Are you trying to come off it then? The sertraline not quite as bad so far, ended up looking partly bald with citalopram, didn't want to stop it but didn't have much choice. I'll stay on 37mg but starting to thing nothing going to work for me at the moment!.

• Posted

im 100 percent coming off it! never did me any good, your doctor is a disgrace, you should of slowly been tapered off zopiclone and none of this would of happened, its like me being polydrugged because one pill causes another symptom and you end up thinking its you but its actually the drugs causing it all! im determined to be drug free at some point in the future x

• Posted

Good luck with it. Won't put into print what I think of the doctor. Mine retired and they refused to give me any more. I'll see how it goes, certainly so far haven'T helped and hair thing awful. Was advised by benzo helpline most people don'T recover until 2nd year off. Good luck with your withdrawal think weaning off slowly seems be the key hope you soon get there!

• Posted

When you stopped the sertraline how long did you take to wean off it. Been on it 8 wweks and making me lot worse , very teary & depressed today so think I'm going to have come off it as anxiety getting worse. Did have seroxat years ago so might consider that. I've cut diwn to 37 mg last week hope you are improving?

• Posted

before you come off completely why dont you try 25 first .it may bring you relief.

• Posted

i know this is an old post, but i see you were taking 12.5 Luvox with zoloft. is that ok to take both for a time ?

Backstory....I tapered luvox slowly and then got slammed with symptoms two months ago and im still trying to recover. ... complete loss of balance and bedbound. i wasnt able to get back on it. so now im starting lexapro (Having real bad start up effects Almost intolerable) but hoping something helps as i went slow and low on my taper and didnt cold turkey.

I saw your post and wondering if maybe adding a tiny bit of Luvox to lexapro might be helpful.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.