ME mouth

Posted , 4 users are following.

Once again I have a lovely crop of mouth ulcers. The rheumatologist says it is part of the connective tissue disease I also have. :cry:

They drive me mad, they can be so sore at times :?

Is it also a ME thing, does anyone else suffer? :evil:

Dale xxx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh Dale they are a real pain aren't they :evil:

My daughter suffers with them frequently due to a blood disorder that she unfortunately has and sometimes has as many as a dozen at a time.

She has tried just about everything possible to try and alleviate the discomfort they cause, without much success until recently. A mouthwash called Aloclair (now on the market) has really helped and coats the ulcer relieving the pain. It's not cheap though at £8.60 a bottle!

Have never heard of them been associated with ME, but nothing would surprise me to be quite honest ..... it seems to throw everything our way :roll:

Hope this helps.

Katie xx

• Posted

Thanx Katie

Maybe at last there it is something that is not down to the ME. It is something I seem prone too. I have some paste called Adcortyl in orobase that works well. Only trouble is it sets, so I only use it at night cos it glues my tongue to my cheek.

We call it cement!! :P

(mouth cheek Teedie! :twisted: )

Dale xxx

• Posted

Oh yes, I've used that Dale .... it's horrible!! :lol:
  • Posted

As long as it's not James' cheek :wink: :lol:

That is something else we have in common Dale - mouth ulcers :twisted: They are so painful and i have always been prone to them. :x

I also bite the inside of my cheek which causes mouth ulcers too. I can empathise with you. :roll:

• Posted

Oh, that's interesting Teedie ..... I'm always biting the inside of my mouth too ...... sad

In fact it seems to have got fleshier :erm:

Maybe that's yet another flaming ME symptom too :?

Does anyone get hiccups more often than they used to sad

I do! And they are exhausting :steam:

Katie xx

• Posted

No Katie, don't suffer from hiccups smile
  • Posted

Katie, I'm with Teedie (again!) on this. :P I don't get hiccups.

Hate having hiccups, they really annoy me :evil:

Dale xxx

• Posted

You want a brilliant cure for hiccups ... and it works, honest !

You have to put your arms round behind your back and then press with your thumbs just below your ribcage and hold that for a couple of minutes.

If you can't reach yourself then get someone else to do it for you, I have never known it to fail yet :lol:

Kristal

xx

• Posted

Oh right ... thanks for that Kristal :D

If you could just see me now having a practice :lol:

I'll let you know if it works :wink:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.