ME symptoms plus weight loss

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. This is my first post after reading a lot on here looking for answers! I display pretty much all the symptoms of ME but I've also lost a lot of weight unintentionally (4 stone/25kg over 8 months) I've been to the doctors a lot!! They've done many many tests and found everything to be normal, I've even had a full CT scan which showed nothing. The doctor has put me on antidepressants and seems to just think I'm depressed but that doesn't feel like the case to me and if it wasn't for my weight loss I'd be certain that it's ME causing my problems. Has anyone else experience weight loss along side ME? Any advice would be appreciated!

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi again. I just thought I'd give an update, I saw a gastroenterologist and have been given the all clear pending one test they are awaiting results for. My GP has now agreed to refer me to neurology to look into CFS and/or something else so hopefully I'm getting somewhere and after reading on here I'm not doing too bad in comparison to some of the time scales people have had to put up with! Thank you all for your input and advice it's very appreciated!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.