Meal size does it matter??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone im sticking to 1200 calories a day and excercising but does it matter on the portion size of your meal as long as your within your calories? I had really big tea last night i was so full 😀 but then worried i was doing the wrong thing filling up even tho i was in my calorie allowance any advice please xx

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Corinne. I thin theoretically it shouldn't affect your weight loss as long as you are consuming less calories than you are using. However, it makes sense to try and balance your intake over the day from an energy requirements point of view. There's an old saying of 'breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and dinner like a pauper' which I try to bear in mind. If you have the majority of your calories Kate in the day there's less chance to burn them off before sleep (and a greater chance of being uncomfortable in bed and suffering from indigestion - ask me how I know lol.
    • Posted

Hi meno thanks for the advice im usually quite good at balancing them out but was starving yesterday so my plate seemed piled up and i did consume a lot in one go but it was still within my calorie allowance i just got worried thinking i had over done it yes maybe i should eat my main meal at lunch time then i can work it off better xx thank u hun xxx
  • Posted

No it doesn't as long as it i within the fat rules
    • Posted

Hi thank you i was worried ihad over done it lol mind it was lovely!! But ifelt so guilty after thinking id done the wrong thing xx
    • Posted

Hi,

Your welcome never feel guily about eating good healthy food i never counted calories only fat and it worked for me sometimes my dinners were huge but always healthy x

• Posted

I have a question,can we use extra virgin olives oil??? I just had now 1 table spoon with salad. When I checked it has exacly 15gr of fat and I eat tuna and cheese as well but just 50gr . Anyway calories was fine but with the fat,at least tell me something I can use I. The salad except oil as I don't like dried salad.
    • Posted

Hi, I know how you feel as I love salad too but I love virgin olive oil and sea salt on mine but I have had to ditch the olive oil as it is just way too many grams of fat. Also, if possible, I would try to avoid cheese, as well as butter (even half fat butter), cream, full fat milk, full fat yogurts etc. as these are all really really high in fat content. I have discovered a few ways to make salads a bit more appetizing without the oil and here are some suggestions you might likeve: heinz low fat salad cream (make sure you measure it out as it does have a certain amount of fat), there are lots of different fat free salad dressings at Waitrose and I'm sure they have them at other supermarkets too, natural yogurt with chopped up cucumber and crushed garlic in or natural yoghurt with loads of chopped up coriander in, or just squeeze a fresh lemon over the salad and add sea salt and pepper. I hope that helps you find some nice alternatives. Bye for now.
    • Posted

Thanks for The tips,i Will try with The yogurt as I have 0% fat the one from yeo.
    • Posted

Hi only frylight spray oil and the only cheese you can have i either cottage cheese/laughing cow lightet ot lightest Phillidelphia otherwise you will get side effects. When i was on the tablets i had fat free fromage frais with weet chili sauce on top or you can have the lightest mayo i never ate that because it didn't appeal to me.
  • Posted

Hi Corinne, how are you?. No, it doesn't matter at all the size of your meal at all, it's only the calories and fat that you have to count and monitor. You can eat as much lettuce as you like honey! XX
    • Posted

Hi honey nice to hear from you x how are you? Its your weigh in tues isnt it if it is good luck x thanks for info i felt so guilty with the mound i ate but it was soooo tasty lol i put all the prawns on my george forman grill with a little garlic spice then had steamed rice and veg and salad and a xouple of pieces of sweet potatoe mmm gorgeous ha ha x keep in touch with your weigh in xx
    • Posted

Hi babes, my email has been out of action for a few days, took 2 hours on the phone to get it sorted this afternoon but all good now. That meal sounds gorgeous - I am going to try that at some point as I love prawns. Mmmm, my mouth is watering. I had my weigh in yesterday and only lost 3lbs. I feel frustrated but my doc assures me it is great and going in the right direction. However, I must lose 5lbs this next month in order to be on target for the 5% loss but as I explained to her, I have only 2 eating out functions this month whereas last month was a nightmare with so much going on. I feel like i've lost more though and my husband can't believe I've only lost another 3lbs because he said it's really noticeable - apparantly I have lost at least 1 of my chins (he's so comforting!!!!), my love handles from beneath my bra straps at the back, one of my rolls from my midriff and my calzone has shrunk (my calzone is my husbands charming ((and he thinks funny)) name for my stomach where it meets, and I hate to say it, hangs over slightly, my c-section scar). But I have been doing lots of cycling and I think it's probably more I am starting to tone up - and he reassures me (who needs an effin encyclopedia with a husband like mine) that muscle is heavier than fat! So I am continuing and feel a bit better for this coming month cause it is so hard to do when you are eating out etc. and I am aiming for 6lbs this month (at least!!!) or else!!!!!! How's it going with you?
    • Posted

Hi sweet i thought you had left the planet ha ha nice to know your still here xx oh your husband sounds so funny x were the same i have the dreaded c section step only mines about 3 steps in one!! My rolls are sheunking too i have more rolls then greggs lol x you are doing fantastic your an inspiration to everyone so WELL DONE. Hunny keep it up i knoe YOU will get there 👍 keep it going girl xxx
    • Posted

Ha ha, more rolls than Greggs - like that! Feeling much more positive this week than I have since starting this diet - couldn't even finish my dinner last night because I was so stuffed so think my stomach is shrinking at last! Hooray! Thanks for your nice words, that is very sweet of you. You are very supportive yourself and thank god we all have each other cause there are days when I could throw stuff at the wall - my husbands head included! Speak soon sweetie, and have a great weekend. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.