Meaniers

Posted , 6 users are following.

So all test from ENG said it is MD. I already knew that as I was diagonsed in my 30s. 63 now. I moved and went to new doctor he did not believe that I had it until tests. Hearing was bad in both ears . Anyway this is my problem I have really bad anxiety with the disease. I don't have vertigo attacks very often but my balance is horrible. Very dizzy when I bend over or look side to side. Balance issues never go away I have been like this for six months now after a couple of small vertigo attacks. Is everyone different I read where people have violent vertigo with throw up. I wake up nauseous but that is it. My anxiety is through the roof and I can not sleep. Any suggestions and do I sound like anyone else.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The balance retraining (vestibular rehab) is really worthwhile.  I haven't looked back.  There is a lot of information on this now.  I recently went for an interview and noted I had menieres.  During the medical check I was asked how I was managing the menieres.  The interviewer was particularly interested in whether I was doing by balance exercises on a regular basis. My menieres began about three years ago.  Initially the balance retraining was difficult and I only did a few.  Three years on, it is a must for me, morning and night.  I also take betahistines.  Good luck

• Posted

Question I do not think they have betahistines in USA avaliable.  Is Meclizine the same as the betahisines. I see where so many are on them on the Meaniers forum.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.