Meatitis on penis. What could it be?

Posted , 24 users are following.

The very tip of my penis (the meatus) has been red and inflammed for 2-3 weeks.  I am not experiencing any other symptoms.  There aren't any lesions, it doesn't burn when I urinate, it doesn't itch, there isn't any pain anywhere.  I am not experiencing any other symtoms common with stds.  If it is a STD what could it be?  The only contact I've had was with a man 8 weeks ago.  I only licked the shaft of his penis while holding my hand over the head and licked the scrotum.  If this is a STD what could I have caught from this exposure that would cause the meatitis?  Has anybody else experienced this or have any knowledge of meatitis and its causes?

2 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The very tip of my penis (the meatus) has been red and inflammed. I am not experiencing any other symptoms. There aren't any lesions, it doesn't burn when I urinate, it doesn't itch, there isn't any pain anywhere. I am not experiencing any other symtoms common with stds,,,,, me too ru cure already plz help me

• Posted

hey. i am recently experiencing same problems. Did anyone think maybe genital warts? Everyone seems to taking STD test. but HPV dosnt show up. also have just been treated for Chlamydia, did not have this proble. first go around.

• Posted

hi im 29 years old chemical engineering and from iran. i have this issue from 2 years ago after only 2 min unprotected relationship .I’ve learned that doctors are useless when it comes to diagnosing a symptom in the absence of positive test results, which made me somewhat obsessive over trying to self diagnose this.After all the research I’ve done over the past 2 years, on a daily basis, I feel I am almost an expert in this topic lol. and now I guess this bumps is immunologic action against some viruses such as EBV CMV and etc .and called lichen planus i hope this information be usefull

• Posted

This make sense. I still have it. Sometimes is just not even obvious that it is there, the two doctors told me, that is nothing, sometimes is more pronounced. Its been a year for me.

But I cut what it seems to be chlamydia. Before going to doctor, I started self medicating(bad idea). I had symptoms of chlamydia and that is what I came positive for on the test. But that went away in Feb 2019. Meaning I retested and everything came negative.

One of the guys here got cured with Steroids. I tried an steroid cream but did not work. I plan to go the doctor again to give him this information.

Let me ask you, do you have the bumps for two years? And there any specific steroid that is helping you.

Thanks.

• Posted

hi im 29 years old chemical engineering and from iran. i have this issue from 2 years ago after only 2 min unprotected relationship .I’ve learned that doctors are useless when it comes to diagnosing a symptom in the absence of positive test results, which made me somewhat obsessive over trying to self diagnose this.After all the research I’ve done over the past 2 years, on a daily basis, I feel I am almost an expert in this topic lol. and now I guess this bumps is immunologic action against some viruses such as EBV CMV and etc .and called lichen planus i hope this information be usefull

• Posted

Unfortunately No !

but in my point of view surgery can help...

• Posted

Dear friends its very important that unfortunately the test results for CMV and EBV viruses were positive for recent infection 1 week after sex.Im sorry for myself 😦 take care yourself.

• Posted

Dear friends its very important that unfortunately the test results for CMV and EBV viruses were positive for recent infection 1 week after sex.Im sorry for myself 😦 take care yourself.

• Posted

alguen tem alguma resposta sobre esse caso. ? tenho o mesmo problema e estou bastante preocupado nao consigo mais viver em paz pelo amor de deus alguém me da uma resposta 😭

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.